2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yet.

Just snagged a Reface CS. I'd been looking every once in a while for a lower price, found one, and went for it.

I hope I like it as much as I did for 10 minutes at KnobCon in 2017. :grin: It's really a simple VA synth but it just felt/sounded nice and playable. Like comfort food?

Got a DivKid Mutes to build...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm Got a DivKid Mutes to build...
hmmm... ponders...

who you gonna mute...
I could think of a few ;)

:smack:
you just cost me 220 quid :x

:lol:

prism, delivered tomorrow.

vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:40 pm :smack:

who? prism what? what's going on?

toon, not you.

qubit prism module, nicely demoed by toon in the cafe, along with a divkid video, so it's all connected i guess :ud:

vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:40 pm :smack:

:tu:
Good boy vurt...
you gonna love it.
I got a Doefler stereo mixer and 2hp+LFO2 today
oh and another 104 hp rail. :oops:

Ah..Mr Wabbit...
Prism is just a thing to look thru
but with 3d has a delay buffer (with freeze and modulateable ) with filter and decimation (bit and sample rate reduction )

if my mum asks, its "babies first module" ok :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:47 pm toon, not you.

qubit prism module, nicely demoed by toon in the cafe, along with a divkid video, so it's all connected i guess :ud:
Aaaah, QuBit... too many modules, not enough properly caffeinated braincells. Lemme know how it is...

vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:52 pm if my mum asks, its "babies first module" ok :hihi:
Great starter DSP fx, I'd say... ;)

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:53 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:47 pm toon, not you.

Aaaah, QuBit... too many modules, not enough properly caffeinated braincells. Lemme know how it is...
will do :tu:
im sure ill knock up some noodles over the next few days 8)

toonertik wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:55 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:52 pm if my mum asks, its "babies first module" ok :hihi:
Great starter DSP fx, I'd say... ;)
:party:
im sure she will love it :D

Today installed system on this baby:

https://www.komputronik.pl/product/5595 ... e-1tb.html

Every software loads almost instantly o.O Windows boots in 3 seconds.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:48 pm Every software loads almost instantly o.O Windows boots in 3 seconds.
Right? It's like night and day. Selling a computer with a magnetic hard drive in 2019 is like selling a car that requires leaded gasoline.

My Reface CS showed up today and I've been poking at it for a couple of hours. Makes nice string machine sounds and a lot of other stuff. Reminds me of an SH-101, except more versatile. The downsides: it doesn't have a lot of low end, and the controls are steppy when you want them to be smooth (like for FM, RM and filter cutoff).

Probably I'll keep the MIcrobrute and set up a mini two tier stand for it, and some kind of minimal mixer or switch for the audio.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”