2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i should add, while the eventide ddl was a nice delay, it's not what i am looking for presently.
the soma however, it wasnt what i was looking for before, but it's going on the "to be purchased list" so thanks sprnva :tu:

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 pm i should add, while the eventide ddl was a nice delay, it's not what i am looking for presently.
the soma however, it wasnt what i was looking for before, but it's going on the "to be purchased list" so thanks sprnva :tu:
What are you looking for? I don't think delays are all that mysterious. You have your digital delays, analog delays, tape delays, lush delays, clear delays, lofi delays, and so on. If you want a pedal that is an all rounder, then there's plenty of those.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 pm i should add, while the eventide ddl was a nice delay, it's not what i am looking for presently.
What are you looking for? I don't think delays are all that mysterious. You have your digital delays, analog delays, tape delays, lush delays, clear delays, lofi delays, and so on. If you want a pedal that is an all rounder, then there's plenty of those.
he already said he wasnt looking for a pedal.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

not at the minute anyway, this is modular delays.
got pedals covered for now (although theres a couple out there i have my eye on [never ends does it?...])

as for what im looking for, delays/reverbs that as well as being useful in their more regular jobs, can be used for awesome sound design!
like the soma above, something that can get wild but be tamed just as quickly, something people will hear and ask "wtf? was that?" :o

delays with character i guess :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm delays with character i guess :hihi:
It really depends what your genre or genres are. If you are making electro, then that will require different stuff to say, ambient music. Anyway, I hope you manage to narrow it down, I honestly don't think delays are mysterious. What you're paying for is basically someone doing the algorithm for you, whereas you can easily create your own once you know your basic beginning point, i.e., digital, analog, tape, and so on.
<List your stupid gear here>

no, they're not mysterious. but it's interesting to see/hear what and how others are using them :)

im just seeing what's out there in euro land as i go along, some will be added to the list, maybe even replaced by others as time goes on. not in any rush to purchase anything, still enjoying finding places for the bbd and spring.

but no more actual tape delays for me, yes they sound lovely, but they can become dirty over time and replacing tapes i cant be arsed with anymore :lol:
digital tape emus have come far enough for me :tu:
and now were seeing more drum delays being emulated too, which also sound great :)

"Sorry" about that ;)
Image Image Image Image

have you got one of Tom's delay modules in the bug? because if you like the character of that, have a look for Euro delays using the same chip ( the pt2399 ).

sprnva wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:11 pm
"Sorry" about that ;)
:hihi: just dont do it again!

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:12 pm have you got one of Tom's delay modules in the bug? because if you like the character of that, have a look for Euro delays using the same chip ( the pt2399 ).
good idea!
yeah the bug delay is nasty :love:
lots of fun using the output to modulate other bits :)

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm good idea!
i love the pt2399.

just came across this as well, and I did recently get one of those boards for a fiver off ebay....

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/04/diy ... ss-15.html

im wondering how easy it'd be to stick half a dozen of them behind a panel... ;)

dang, dbl.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:20 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm good idea!
i love the pt2399.

just came across this as well, and I did recently get one of those boards for a fiver off ebay....

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/04/diy ... ss-15.html

im wondering how easy it'd be to stick half a dozen of them behind a panel... ;)
wowsers! that's cool!
even for diy that's excessively cheap :o

I tell a lie, I have one of these which I bought a while ago which is similar

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//272694481276

but what I got recently was four of these for a tenner.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152567709852

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”