2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:16 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 am my modules have arrived! :D
:tu: How many stages is the BBD and how does it sound?
it's kinda sweet but nasty :hihi:
so far ive had that lovely smearing sound, some nice krunchy bits, to all out freqy feedback
currently got a trigger sending beat sized chunks of telharmonic using the lxd, sounding like a jaw sharp 8)
ill do some quick records in a bit, just setting up some bits with the newbs :)

the spring reverb, sounds lush.
was a pain to install, how frickin deep are doepfer cases? :o
because of those phono type cables, i had to trim some of the red and white plastic so as the wires could bend at right angles.
tbh, id have happily traded a couple of hp to have them front mounted.
may diy that myself...

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:40 pm dont know if it counts, but 5 arduinos, a raspberry pi zero and phatbeat shield, and a tsunami wav trigger board...
dope! will you be droppin' some ill rhymes too?

in honesty, i dont even know what they are, other than the arduino and raspberry.
but yes, they're definitely not software.

although, even if this is the hardware section, gear is gear really.
maybe everything else was a better fit.
maybe we end the segregation between hw and sw!
let's do an analogue/digital version of kum by ya or however its written!!!

yes! im high, its friday and well, i dont need no stinking excuses!!!!

@foosnark
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=519437
first one in there, shows a little of how nice n nasty the bbd can get :)

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:38 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:40 pm dont know if it counts, but 5 arduinos, a raspberry pi zero and phatbeat shield, and a tsunami wav trigger board...
Its a little board that goes on the raspberry pi zero range that gives them decent stereo audio out through a little onboard amplifier. its sorta related to work stuff (ie an option for interactive audio installations that can also be wifi-enabled) but also helps turn a bare £5 pi zero into a something you could make a desktop synth out of.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/phat-beat

I forgot; I also bought a small number of Alfa CEM 33x0 chip clones.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 am my noodles have arrived! :D
:?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:29 am
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:38 pm
Its a little board that goes on the raspberry pi zero range that gives them decent stereo audio out through a little onboard amplifier. its sorta related to work stuff (ie an option for interactive audio installations that can also be wifi-enabled) but also helps turn a bare £5 pi zero into a something you could make a desktop synth out of.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/phat-beat

I forgot; I also bought a small number of Alfa CEM 33x0 chip clones.
wow that's pretty cool then.
not being of the mind for coding n such, never really kept up with the pi stuff, but over the years have seen a fair few interesting projects pop up with them :)

Aloysius wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:38 am
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 am my noodles have arrived! :D
:?
yes. i like noodles :)

I plan on selling all my existing audio equipment and do a full upgrade. That would include my desktop computer as well. Anybody have suggestions for an audio production CPU? I won't be limiting myself to a budget.

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pmit's kinda sweet but nasty :hihi:
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:23 pm viewtopic.php?f=14&t=519437
Love it :love:

Even with the ER-301 I might still have to grab a real BBD.
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pmthe spring reverb, sounds lush.
When I had spring tanks I just left 'em loose. That let me play with the springs too :party:

foosnark wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:44 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pmit's kinda sweet but nasty :hihi:
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:23 pm viewtopic.php?f=14&t=519437
Love it :love:

Even with the ER-301 I might still have to grab a real BBD.
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pmthe spring reverb, sounds lush.
When I had spring tanks I just left 'em loose. That let me play with the springs too :party:
yeah the spring tank is outside the machine, but the connections are on the inside.
it needs a space for the wire to come through, so you're already losing 1 hp, take 3 to put two audio connectors wouldn't be an issue for me.

however, soundwide which is the important bit :love: absolutely no complaints :)

same with the bbd, going to need to take the feedback because it can go 0 - 60 in not time :lol:
but theres so much sound design possibility within a patch, again, for a few hp and the price, yeah treat yourself to a bbd :)
i think it would be a worthwhile addition to your current delays :)

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 pmyeah treat yourself to a bbd :)
i think it would be a worthwhile addition to your current delays :)
I've spent about way too much on gear already this year, and I told myself I need to wait until I've sold more of my stuff to cover it.

Plus that will give me time to learn the ER-301 inside and out. Lots of delay goodness in there -- I might even be able to fake BBD clock noise, clock jitter etc. with it too. It should ship in a couple more weeks :party:

ah, yeah, i thought you already had the 301.
in that case, you may as well wait, and enjoy that for a bit, while you save some more cash selling the other bits :tu:

ive managed to put aside a little, by paying all my bills for the year, last april :lol: aside from rent.
but it means i could grab a few bits ive been looking at, but im having fun getting these two going 8)
will wait till theyre not so shiney new, then its exciting again :D and may even bring us closer to clouds2 :hyper:
although i have no clue of an expected date there :shrug:

although, a possible trip to superbooth will take a little of my purchase power :o

A guitar I thought I needed, but turns out I didn't! Just like all my guitar purchases haha

Last edited by goldenanalog on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

8)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”