2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 pm
There really aren’t any competing products available.
I'm seriously considering a second A4.. either that or another Nord Lead 4r... so many choices around but there's nothing like parameter locks IMO.

rob_lee wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:01 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:14 pm Woo hoo! My Behringer Crave has been shipped - says I will get it on Monday next week, but generally delivery date is overstated, so maybe I will bet it on Saturday or Sunday...
Enjoy! I was thinking about getting one. Looks like you'll have shit loads of fun with it :tu:
Thanks! I was originally told Jan 3rd for the shipping date, so this is quite a bit earlier than expected.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:02 am
rob_lee wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:01 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:14 pm Woo hoo! My Behringer Crave has been shipped - says I will get it on Monday next week, but generally delivery date is overstated, so maybe I will bet it on Saturday or Sunday...
Enjoy! I was thinking about getting one. Looks like you'll have shit loads of fun with it :tu:
Thanks! I was originally told Jan 3rd for the shipping date, so this is quite a bit earlier than expected.
:wheee:

rob_lee wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:39 pm
I'm seriously considering a second A4.. either that or another Nord Lead 4r... so many choices around but there's nothing like parameter locks IMO.
And especially when there are so many useful parameters to lock... and of course one can slide between states too.

There aren’t many analog synths that are as flexible for midi control either. Velocity, Aftertouch, Breath, Modwheel each can modulate 5 parameters.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:27 am
rob_lee wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:39 pm
And especially when there are so many useful parameters to lock... and of course one can slide between states too.

There aren’t many analog synths that are as flexible for midi control either. Velocity, Aftertouch, Breath, Modwheel each can modulate 5 parameters.
Well I have this issue tonight lol... If I get another Analog 4 MKII I get access to 4 more voices, more amazing FX and more cv connections if I wanna run stuff through 2 machines.

Then there's this... https://www.thomann.de/gb/polyend_dreadbox_medusa.htm

Price is now £592 new... no FX but has 3 oscs

also I miss my Nord Lead 4's had both rack and keyboard. I have had Virus TI's too about 6 in the past but I won't pay tons for one. I myself love parameter locks and it seems the A4 may get the vote although that Polyend looks a beast at that price.

I'm in the process of getting rid of some of my hardware, Virus TI (1) and A4 (MKI) among them.
I have no credentials here though, so i'll be probably putting them on ebay sooner than later

If i were you though i wouldn't get a second synth i already own, no matter how much i love it. (I'm in this stupid less is more attitude atm and if i'd really have to get something more this soon, it'd be at least something different to what i already have)
Last edited by FapFilter on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:17 pm I have no credentials here
Neither does anyone else here, they're on KVR all day posting SHITE and claiming either sickness benefits or signing on at the local NASH while the rest of us work but hey you go list your gear in Marketplace you'll deffo find all day low offers on everything you sell. There's no shame on here that's for sure, OWT FOR f**king NOWT lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehe, good to know. Off to ebay they'll go then soon...
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:23 pm Hehe, good to know. Off to ebay they'll go then soon...
Yep I wouldn't sell no f**ker anything on here, have you had private messages yet offering you peanuts for your gear? If not then you soon will lol.. eBay is your best bet mate. :D :lol: :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm
FapFilter wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:17 pm I have no credentials here
Neither does anyone else here, they're on KVR all day posting SHITE and claiming either sickness benefits or signing on at the local NASH while the rest of us work but hey you go list your gear in Marketplace you'll deffo find all day low offers on everything you sell. There's no shame on here that's for sure, OWT FOR f**king NOWT lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
and i seriously from the bottom of my heart thank you all for all my gear, toys, foods and drugs :ud: :P :hihi:

I'm afraid I blew most of my spare cash on drugs and booze.... still, it means I don't have to keep rearranging the studio

AnX wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:41 pm I'm afraid I blew most of my spare cash on drugs and booze.... still, it means I don't have to keep rearranging the studio
Other than where you pissed in the corner because you were out of your head on drugs and booze... :hihi:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:42 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:41 pm I'm afraid I blew most of my spare cash on drugs and booze.... still, it means I don't have to keep rearranging the studio
Other than where you pissed in the corner because you were out of your head on drugs and booze... :hihi:
its called damping the acoustics :hihi:

:lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”