2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ha Ha! :lol: :help:

got this free with it...

...Now I need to build another case as this last one is full :ud:

Excellent choice :)

I've been meaning to grab that for a while, the BF discount along with the free module
sold me. Although, I would have preferred picking my own free module. I would have
picked a cheaper one actually.

Beggars cant be choosers. :tu:

so the empress zoia which i first mentioned id be buying in the 2018 thread im sure, looks like it will now probably be 2020 as it's still on preorder everywhere!

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:57 pm so the empress zoia which i first mentioned id be buying in the 2018 thread im sure, looks like it will now probably be 2020 as it's still on preorder everywhere!
not everywhere >>> https://www.thomann.de/gb/empress_effects_zoia.htm
says available immediately

BUT first x-mas for Rosie
I'm sure she'll love you for it.....

in 16 years :lol:
;)

pekbro wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:46 pm Ha Ha! :lol: :help:

got this free with it...

...Now I need to build another case as this last one is full :ud:
:party:
They have some cool modules... I have their Clep Diaz and Mimetic Digitalis.. lovely modulation units...
no sound sources yet... ;)

Just built a very crude 168 hp wooden frame... no shoe box now...
IMAG0659_50pec.jpg
well for now.
Just keeps growing, eh pekbro.
Just when I think, ok, it's big enough now...
something happens and

need to build a new case to house it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toonertik wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 pm

:party:
They have some cool modules... I have their Clep Diaz and Mimetic Digitalis.. lovely modulation units...
no sound sources yet... ;)

Just built a very crude 168 hp wooden frame... no shoe box now...
well for now.
Just keeps growing, eh pekbro.
Just when I think, ok, it's big enough now...
something happens and

need to build a new case to house it.
Nice, I don’t mind it as I enjoy woodworking apparently. I even bought a really nice set
of bench chisels for doing mortis and tenons, dove tails etc. Fancy Joinery basically.

foosnark wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pm . So I plan to stick with it at least until the SynthTech E520 ships.
Just in case you miss it... (haha ;) )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-lTv8LouBU

looks a bit primitive.

:hihi:

Just grabbed another one of these today, couldn't resist the price they cost way more elsewhere

£239.99 link below

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categ ... riday-2019

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/produ ... 2820436745

rob_lee wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:40 pm Just grabbed another one of these today, couldn't resist the price they cost way more elsewhere

£239.99 link below

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categ ... riday-2019

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/produ ... 2820436745
Wondering whether I should buy a second Circuit Mono Station at these prices, £479.99 down to £239.99
Just weighing up the situation of running 2 together :?:

cptgone wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:22 am I feel a 'bone coming up.
A cheap b-stock Thomann trombone.
May as well have been previously owned by PJ Harvey.
I admit defeat :oops:
- my cats didn't like it.
- it makes a hell of a noise.
- it's harder than I figured
- it didn't arrive smelling of roses so it can't have been PJ's after all
- did I mention my cats don't like it?

Don’t admit defeat - spend time getting the embouchure right with the mouthpiece first - you essentially need to get varying speeds of air passing through it by changing the air gap so you can hit a number of notes that are the basis of your playing. Don’t bother fitting the mouthpiece to the trombone - just carry it around with you and keep practicing until it’s easier to play and hit 3 or 4 different notes with relative ease. You can work on the slide later.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:21 pm Don’t admit defeat - spend time getting the embouchure right with the mouthpiece first - you essentially need to get varying speeds of air passing through it by changing the air gap so you can hit a number of notes that are the basis of your playing. Don’t bother fitting the mouthpiece to the trombone - just carry it around with you and keep practicing until it’s easier to play and hit 3 or 4 different notes with relative ease. You can work on the slide later.
and how to stop the cats pissing on the mouthpiece?

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:21 pm Don’t admit defeat - spend time getting the embouchure right with the mouthpiece first - you essentially need to get varying speeds of air passing through it by changing the air gap so you can hit a number of notes that are the basis of your playing. Don’t bother fitting the mouthpiece to the trombone - just carry it around with you and keep practicing until it’s easier to play and hit 3 or 4 different notes with relative ease. You can work on the slide later.
and how to stop the cats pissing on the mouthpiece?
Just use plenty of mouthwash after you play...

Thanks, I was wondering how that worked.

Still, despite my being full of air I find it too much effort and far too noisy. Perhaps I'll get a Paul Trombetta Mini-Bone instead ;)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”