What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm tcc_medusa-2.jpg
tcc_abyss_keystep_web.jpg
tcc_orange_schecter.jpg

Medusa, Abyss, Keystep ... and Schecter Tempest Extreme & Orange Crush 20 :)
Looking good Dave :tu:

tapper mike wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm
sin night wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 pm Too much, way too much.

This is what I remember right now:
-----------------------------------
[...]
Not jealous at all

Okay maybe a little.

I spent an important amount on instruments, but I plan to keep them for a long time (pratically forever), they will be in my setup for years (and they will be here also when one day, hopefully, I'll have my own family, so I won't be able to spend such money on instruments anymore... and I plan to spend less in the next years anyway).

By the way, this year has not been easy on me: I had to change employer (the previous went bust) and, while I'm doing the same things as before, it has been a very stressfull experience and I also lost some money in the change, so buying gear was also a way to escape the daily stress for a while (spending a few hours thinking about gear vs keep thinking about the bad situation I was living).

So, yeah, it's a lot of gear, but it's not that shiny to my eyes...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

The only software worth mentioning is Reaper

Yamaha PSS580 2 op FM ('cos it was a tenner)

Mint Epiphone 56 P90 Pro to use at my desk and bench (I'm sad enough to worry about knocking cobs off something more expensive). It's not a bad guitar at all and I've played it quite a bit. Nice pups!

Modded Epiphone Valve Jr head. Switchable between 6L6 and EL84, nice cleans and takes teh fuzz really well. Used it more than anything else for the last 6 months.

Loads of pedals as usual. The standouts (for me) are probably a DeArmond 1800 wah, Voodoo Labs Wahzoo, Ibby ST9 clone, Copilot Antenna and, maybe, a Kay fuzz clone ( or maybe one of the other four dozen fuzzes lurking around here :/ )

Sure I've forgotten something but...

Waldorf Quantum - Thank You Waldorf
x2 Black Beatstep Pro
x1 Black Keystep
x1 Novation D-Station (Silver Version)
x1 Novation Mono Station
x1 Tasty Chips Sawbench
x1 Pioneer Toraiz AS-1
x1 Roland SH01a
x1 Roland TB-03
x1 Roland TR-09
x1 Digitakt
x1 Digitone
x1 Roland MDC-1

I'm done for 2018

rob_lee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:42 pm Waldorf Quantum - Thank You Waldorf
Damn, i want a Quantum for free too. :P

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm
It's not free I have to make a sound bank by February lol.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Roswell Delphos mic for $500 :D
You are currently reading my signature.

rob_lee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:46 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm
It's not free I have to make a sound bank by February lol.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought so. :D

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:51 pm I thought so. :D
However I wish everyone could have a Quantum the sound and FX on this thing is absolutely fantastic. It's December tho so I'm usually pissed every night ( festive season and all that :lol: :lol: :lol: ) with the missus and kids so can't focus on sounds just yet but I'll post some sound examples in the new year.

Rob

I bought a bridge from a complete stranger for a bargain price.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 pm as the year isn't over, im also looking to add the morphagene and possibly a delay or reverb module?
Nice :)

I'm waiting to see how 16n Faderbank, CVilization and the successor to Clouds turn out in terms of price/features/demos etc. to figure out what to do next.

I had a busy year now that I'm listing my purchases, geez. This year i bought:
- Synthstrom Deluge
- Roland JDXA
- Novation Peak
- Teenage Engineering po33
- Mam MB33
-Moog DFAM

I sold the Deluge after a few months as I discovered that portable music making just isn't for me and I didn't need it in my studio. I had learned this lesson before with an OP1, but hopefully the 2nd time will stick.

I bought the JDXA used from a store and liked some parts of it, while hating others. There was also a noise issue (long story) that was driving me mad, so when the store offered an exchange the next time i was in, I jumped at the opportunity and surprised myself by taking home the Peak - it wasn't really on my mind at all, but it really excited me once i tried it. Still enjoying it, the new update coming next week makes it even better.

I love the DFAM, it's freakin great. The po33 and mb33 don't see much use, probably didnt need those...
electronic dream rock from inner space --> http://textureandlight.ca/

2018 has been a great year! I can only hope 2019 lives up as well.

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet:

Unbelievable sound... really exceeded my already high expectations. You have to work at making something sound bad with it. Mastering, mix bus, tracking, you name it... I'll be using it. One of those things I don't see ever parting with.

Tegeler Creme:

Awesome Pultec style EQ with SSL G style compression. Very satisfying indeed! Another really good value for the money piece.

Behringer Neutron:

Have only had it for about a day, but initially very impressed. Sounds great and can't get over the fact that you can get this kind of quality analog synth for $300 (new in 2018).

Make Noise 0-Coast:

My first and only analog synth.

Since May I even created "Make Noise 0-Coast Wavetable pack for Serum", but no actual music as yet. Just took it out for a jam once, without much success.

Eurorack GAS cured :phew:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hardware
Korg Kronos 88
Korg Minilogue (used)
Native Instruments Machine Mikro II (used)
Dave Smith Instruments REV II
Access Virus (original "A" model) (used)

Software:
UVI Synth Anthology 2
FXpansion Cypher 2 (I'm a Seaboard owner)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”