modal electronics craftsynth2...

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

am keeping an eye (and an ear) on this: http://www.modalelectronics.com/craft/

anyone else interested? seems it would be around the same pricepoint as the ik multimedia uno (which i'm also considering). my setup is all software, so thought it would be cool to check out a simple (ie inexpensive) hardware synth... and i love things i can carry in a backpack.

any thoughts? any thoughts about one versus the other?

so, apparently april 2019,$149. anyone? seems like a good deal, and love the size of this thing...

It looks small and cute and fun, and the price is good. I don't need another synth, but I might pick it up anyway.

foosnark wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:48 pm It looks small and cute and fun, and the price is good. I don't need another synth, but I might pick it up anyway.
that's sort-of the point for me too. i don't need it, but at that price point (& the idea that i can lug it with me when i'm travelling) make it attractive...

EDIT: anyway, it's closer to real now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sk ... ftsynth-20

they made their goal in under 24 hours; nice! worth checking out if you want something u can throw in a backpack (or a really big pocket :D )

I bought the Skulpt through the Kickstarter they ran for that. Although I haven't had much time to play with it yet, from the little I have it sounds huge. I have high hopes for this one, too, and have pledged for this as well.

I guess their email notification thing didn't work (I'm not surprised, there was no feedback). Anyway, just pledged.

...I'm a terrible person and I just canceled my pledge. Realized on reflection that I really don't need it, and though the money's not a big deal I'd rather put it in into something else.

Only 3 days left on the Kickstarter campaign! Don't let the fact that you don't need it stop you from indulging! A lot of synth for less than $150 (US). And we may, if we reach the stretch goal, get the travel case.

:wink:
바보

:tu:

£85,887 of the £85,000 stretch goal achieved with 3 hours left in the Kickstarter project.
바보

I only just discovered this thing. I have been waiting for 6 months or more for Skulpt to make it into local music shops but this looks like it might be an even sweeter deal for around half the price. Still, Skulpt is black and that's gotta be worth something, right?

Here's something to whet your appetite -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw86goobhB8
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Now that Modal has appointed a distributor for Australia, this is popping up on shop websites. They are listing it at Au$279, which is less than half the price of Skulpt. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”