Roland TR-8S (9O9, 8O8, 7O7, 727, 6O6 AIO)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I must have been sleeping through the announcement of this, but wow. This looks incredible and on my next buy list.

I was considering buying a Roland subscription just to use the Drum machine emulations, but this might just be better. I'm not very fond of the DJ colour BS but other than that it looks cool. I imagine you can turn that shit off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP0AC8t940U
:borg:

What do the colours have to do with djing ?

You can select the colour for each part, so they can help for organizing your kits.
dedication to flying

You must really have been sleeping because the TR8 (which includes everything in your subject line) has been out for 5 years now.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

https://www.roland.com/us/company/press ... PERFORMER/

Los Angeles, CA, March 5, 2018 — Roland announces the TR-8S Rhythm Performer, an innovative new instrument that fuses Roland’s renowned rhythm machine legacy with modern sound design features tuned for live performance.

Hmm likewise - totally missed this although Im stuck in Maschine land, I keep wanting a nice standalone DM.

Probalme is kids, things break, bills run up and wife keeps going on expensive health food kicks = me skint in my old tech room :@(

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:17 pm You must really have been sleeping because the TR8 (which includes everything in your subject line) has been out for 5 years now.
This is upgraded and improved version with letter S so it can be confusing. This was released in March this year.

You can look at it like a decent upgrade. Basically they added most requested features since original TR8 was released.

kmonkey wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:17 pm You must really have been sleeping because the TR8 (which includes everything in your subject line) has been out for 5 years now.
This is upgraded and improved version with letter S so it can be confusing. This was released in March this year.

You can look at it like a decent upgrade. Basically they added most requested features since original TR8 was released.
Yes, I’m completely aware.

My point is the features the OP is most interested in, as indentified by the subject line, were already in the TR8.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”