Code 25 Drum Pad Accuracy - Do i make something Wrong ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please have a look at my Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNN7E-r2tvM

This M-Audio Code 25 is my first Midi Keybord, i have no experience with that stuff.

Not sure if i make something wrong, but the Pad feels not very accurate some times, or is it normal Behavior ? :shrug:

Configured the Pad sensitivity to a Constant 100% Curve, that did help against the Low Output of a Sound but didn´t helped against the inaccuracy you can see in the Video.

Updated it already to the newest Firmware.

Any Idea or should i give it back ?

Bady89 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:33 pm Not sure if i make something wrong
Yeah, you bought M-Audio. :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist, hope you solve your problem fast and have a blast making music :hug:

Watched the video, return it to the store. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:00 pm Watched the video, return it to the store. :tu:
Thank you, what Key/Pad Combi with 25 Key´s can you Recommend ?

I have looked for an Nektar Impact 25 , but they are sold out at my store, so the guy from the Store Recommended M Audio ...

I got Nektar Impact 61+ here and I'm happy with it, got mine for 150 bucks new, can't complain, but yeah, there's not much of a choice in that price range, so try to get replacement, if problem persists, ask for refund and open new thread here, we will try to find you something better for your buck, maybe even used, like Roland A300 and etc.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

ok, will try replacement first.

Hey guy´s

Just to give you an update.

today i was at my local music shop again.

Yesterday evening i was doing a bit of research about that Code 25 and found a lot of bad reports and saw youtuber, they had the Same issue like me, or Problem with the Lights and such stuff.

I also didn´t understand the whole user Interface concept of this Keybord, it was very strange, and the included quick guide only answers Basic Questions.You navigate through the whole Menue with the Piano Keys and there are no Captions over the Keys like in the more expensive White Edition.
So you have to look in the Quick Guide all the time, and now guess what, the Layout in the Manual is Wrong for some Keys...what a hassle.

So i decided to ask for an other Device, and they did, and they even don´t care About the fact i downloaded the included VST Plugins, what a nice Service :pray: :love:

I decided for an Ugly as F*** Device, but better Ugly than not Working.

Getting the device is also an Hassle, after you paying it, you have to take a Number and Sit down a while until your Number will show´s up on the Screen....hate that System.

And here it is

First minutes of working with it: Wow , amazing, the interaction with is nice very easy and cool, everything works fine and it has some nice Details, the Drumpads for exampel change into an Step Sequencer if you use Arp Mode for exampel, how cool is that ?!

Piano Keys are not as nice as from Code25 but feels good too.

Thats what i can say after 5 Minutes.

Thank you for all the Support, i think i am Happy now :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bady89 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Have a blast, glad you are happy. :hug:

The Impulse isn't ugly as f***. :x

chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 pm The Impulse isn't ugly as f***. :x
Sorry, of course you are right, it´s very ugly as F*** :D

Just Joking

Esthetical claim is different, but i don´t buy my instruments for esthetical , optical or eyecatching reasons, it just have to work and should be easy to handle, i don´t care if Ugly or not.

But for you i will correct myself: In my Opinion the design is Ugly :D

Yeah, Novation has a much better reputation. And for the look, get some paint or stickers...

No need. It looks fine. :P Just remove that sticker from the display, hehe.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”