Seaboards and Blocks Longterm

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those of you with Seaboards and Blocks, who have had them for awhile, how do they hold up longterm? How is the wear and tear after months of regular use, do they hold up well in how they perform and their looks?

What do you clean them with, will anything do?
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Wav5C Electric Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
whitepianos.blogspot.com

I've had mine for a little over a year and it has no wear and tear whatsoever. The build quality is top notch. I just use a clen anddry dust free cloth. The seaboard doesn't get as dusty as I thought it would. Ordinary keyboards seem to attract way more. My V-synth is a hell to dust off!

K-Bee wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 pm I've had mine for a little over a year and it has no wear and tear whatsoever. The build quality is top notch. I just use a clen anddry dust free cloth. The seaboard doesn't get as dusty as I thought it would. Ordinary keyboards seem to attract way more. My V-synth is a hell to dust off!
My rise is fine too. I use one of the fluffy duster things. I hadn't thought about them attracting less dust but you are right. My Nektar P6 gets dusy - maybe the plastic holds a static charge that the Rise's silicone doesn't do?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I am returning mine for a replacement after a few days. It had some downward "play" of the silicone surface in the upper regions, as if the surface wasn't glued properly.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... yours.html

Other than that, it IS built very well, for such a small unit it is remarkably heavy (over 5 kg), it feels very solid and premium.

Are people with the Seaboard Block putting them on some kind of mat? I tried one at a show and it slid all around the place when I applied any pressure to it. Too light with no grip on the base.
Image Image Image Image

I picked up a Seaboard block used at a good price a week ago. Definitely feels sturdy and well built. Haven't figured out the best place on my desk to keep it from sliding around without holding it with one hand.
It definitely plays great with SWAM instruments which actually have a present for the Seaboard, but I'm not too thrilled using it with anything else.

Had a very negative experience with a Lightblock M although that was most likely a statistical outlier. Was sent two defective units in a row and decided to give up. General built quality felt ok although I have to say it did not seem quite as high end as the price indicates. But it should hold up just fine (if it works :) ).
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Mine has held up quite well. But let’s face it, you’ll want to replace it with a shiny new model in 2-3 years anyway. :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

sprnva wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:02 pm Are people with the Seaboard Block putting them on some kind of mat? I tried one at a show and it slid all around the place when I applied any pressure to it. Too light with no grip on the base.
Yes I have mine on a grippy rubber mat.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”