How low can Behringer go?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:22 pm (i knew a couple of peeps who worked in a caning factory in the 80's)
Was that for S & M rather than M & S? :eek:

I'll get my coat...

Lower than 30 hz. I've tried yesterday.
Murderous duck!

mumpcake wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:24 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 pm I watched some telly programme a few years ago about microwave ready meals (bear with me...) and it turns out that a lot of them are all made in the same factories, and indeed are actually exactly the same, whether it says M & S or Aldi on the packaging, regardless of price.

I have no evidence of this, but was wondering if something similar goes on with electronic stuff?
A large portion of your Squiers, Epiphones, and other lower-budget lines are actually made by Samick guitars. Maxon manufactured some of the better known Ibanez effects. It's possible.
That's right. It happens: same product, different brand & price. Roland EV5 for $40, Boss EV5 for $30.

In Behringer's case though, they copy the design, not relabel at the end of the assembly line.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:19 pm
rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:38 pm I want x2 Neutrons for Christmas off the missus and the kids, at these prices you just have to grab them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im waiting for the kids that realise they dont want a modular to put them up on ebay.
Therell be so many the price will halve :hyper:
Right !?!

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:00 am I refer to their prices although I expect other puns and comments.

Model D - £259 at Bax Shop.
DeepMind 6 - £453 at GAK
DeepMind 12 D - £ 544 at Gear4Music.

Surely they cannot get much cheaper?
Very nice!

Well I just bought the Neutron. Just got a message Thomann put it in the mail today so I'll be receiving it before Christmas! Yay!! :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

BertKoor wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:29 am
mumpcake wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:24 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 pm I watched some telly programme a few years ago about microwave ready meals (bear with me...) and it turns out that a lot of them are all made in the same factories, and indeed are actually exactly the same, whether it says M & S or Aldi on the packaging, regardless of price.

I have no evidence of this, but was wondering if something similar goes on with electronic stuff?
A large portion of your Squiers, Epiphones, and other lower-budget lines are actually made by Samick guitars. Maxon manufactured some of the better known Ibanez effects. It's possible.
That's right. It happens: same product, different brand & price. Roland EV5 for $40, Boss EV5 for $30.

In Behringer's case though, they copy the design, not relabel at the end of the assembly line.
Behringer seems to have their own supply chain and manufacturing. However it You peruse Alibaba.com for just about anything you are bound to recognize a lot of generic products.

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm Lower than 30 hz. I've tried yesterday.
Did your dog inform you?

The Music Group Klark Teknik brand are also releasing clones of classic processors at prices that compete with software.
Fancy a Pultec, UA or Teletronix for under £200!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Behringer manufactures quite cheap. Uli is very good at that. Also - instead of doing years and years of costly development they move step by step learning all the bits and pieces on how to make synthesizers. To pay for this they issue clone upon clone. Clever. In addition Behringer owns a lot of reknowned companies who possess heaps of knowhow - Uli pratically saved many of them from going under. After Uli managed to fix his earlier chinese quality issues everything seem to go his way. As a musician I take my hat off for his efforts. His buisness is very important in a world where it's getting increasingly harder to make money on making music.
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

$5 effects pedals when :hihi:

I'd personally be very interested to see what their take on a Nord Electro might look like (and be priced at) :) Granted that is an entirely different animal than their their normal synths....

eivind wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:16 am As a musician I take my hat off for his efforts. His buisness is very important in a world where it's getting increasingly harder to make money on making music.
Stealing music massively thru the internet makes many musicians poor and copying other peoples design then to the rescue. I see a pattern here - and it is ugly antisocial behaviour.

dreamvoid wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 pm
eivind wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:16 am As a musician I take my hat off for his efforts. His buisness is very important in a world where it's getting increasingly harder to make money on making music.
Stealing music massively thru the internet makes many musicians poor and copying other peoples design then to the rescue. I see a pattern here - and it is ugly antisocial behaviour.
not really, theyre copying designs of no longer produced synths. the only market they are therefore effecting is the second hand market.
which wont actually change, because the people buying the old classics are collectors, because musicians (the majority of us, not the ones who have made it and have the cash to also become collectors) wont be buying the vintage stuff to use on tour n such, because its too expensive and irreplaceable if it becomes a mainstay of your sound.

ok, there is the odyssey that korg have also recently done, but most of the others are unavailable to the majority?
as even if we all had the cash, theres only so many of each of them in full working order?

dreamvoid wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 pm
RIP every musician and singer that ever did a cover song.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”