How low can Behringer go?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:34 pm What is it with people giving Behringer shit? Their products are actually damn decent for the prices they go for.
Far better than damn decent actually. Amazing would be a better word. Those Deepminds sound like they should cost thousands. My UMC204HD is built like a tank and sounds indistinguishable from interfaces costing 5 times the price. The list goes on..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:14 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 am At those prices I'm wondering how many months they'll physically last before something goes wrong..
can't comment specifically on the above, however i have a couple or more behringer stomp boxes and a rack compressor ive had for over ten years easy and no issues.
I never had an issue with the Behringer gear I've owned, mixers, patchbays, multifx etc.

So you rate the pedals? I keep having them pop up in ads, digital reverbs for seventeen quid, crazy money...

Iv got their Bass synth and Harmonizer pedals and the Bass Vamp Pro.
Well decent and at no brainer prices, compared to the competition or even plugins.

Ive had the little blue Vamp2 since it was released. Its got one broken pot stalk due to my clumsiness.
Bought it because of this review
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/behringer-v-amp-2

Also got ve the Ultrapatch Pro and Ultragain Pro 8 secondhand at peanut prices.
They both fit my purposes and work as expected, even though the ultragain is totally battered.

The Vintage Tube Monster was a let down but I think I had different expectations of it.
I replaced the tube but Ive never broken it or the original tube in. :oops:
I realise its not getting the proper voltage to really be worth it for the tubeyness factor.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

GaryG wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 am

So you rate the pedals? I keep having them pop up in ads, digital reverbs for seventeen quid, crazy money...
the reverb, i have a silver one(can't remember the name at the minute) and as a basic reverb it's nice, by which i mean, it doesn't have all the fancy algorithms you might find in a strymon for example, but for under 20 quid!
of the ones i have the "echo machine" delay is one i would always recommend, still gets plenty of use in the board alongside pedals that cost 10/15 times more

my only gripe would really be the flimsy builds. great for studio work, no worries, but id worry about their survival in a rocking gig scenario where you might stomp a little hard...

i guess in summary, don't expect premium price level product, however you get far more than what you are paying for 8)

hope that helps :)

I watched some telly programme a few years ago about microwave ready meals (bear with me...) and it turns out that a lot of them are all made in the same factories, and indeed are actually exactly the same, whether it says M & S or Aldi on the packaging, regardless of price.

I have no evidence of this, but was wondering if something similar goes on with electronic stuff?

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 pm I watched some telly programme a few years ago about microwave ready meals (bear with me...) and it turns out that a lot of them are all made in the same factories, and indeed are actually exactly the same, whether it says M & S or Aldi on the packaging, regardless of price.

I have no evidence of this, but was wondering if something similar goes on with electronic stuff?
years ago i did some temp work at princes in manc.
filling cartons from the vat and packaging it.
using the same orange juice for the kwik save 29p a litre as the mns 2.90 a litre.
just changing the package :hihi:

I want x2 Neutrons for Christmas off the missus and the kids, at these prices you just have to grab them :lol: :lol: :lol:

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 pm I watched some telly programme a few years ago about microwave ready meals (bear with me...) and it turns out that a lot of them are all made in the same factories, and indeed are actually exactly the same, whether it says M & S or Aldi on the packaging, regardless of price.

25 years ago I did a temping stint in a mushroom factory.
I was on the end of a little machine that wrapped the paper labels around the cans.
It was the same can we just swapped labels for different 'suppliers'
I remember Happy Shopper was the same as Tesco.
For those that dont know Happy Shopper brand was the cheapest foodstuff you could buy and the price of the mushrooms was much lower than the same Tesco can

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:38 pm I want x2 Neutrons for Christmas off the missus and the kids, at these prices you just have to grab them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im waiting for the kids that realise they dont want a modular to put them up on ebay.
Therell be so many the price will halve :hyper:

that may be partly true, many stores buy from the same factory, but they are not always the same recipe (i knew a couple of peeps who worked in a caning factory in the 80's)

hearsay evidence if that counts

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:25 pmthe reverb, i have a silver one(can't remember the name at the minute) and as a basic reverb it's nice, by which i mean, it doesn't have all the fancy algorithms you might find in a strymon for example, but for under 20 quid!
I think that's the one amazon are pushing for £17, DR600.
of the ones i have the "echo machine" delay is one i would always recommend, still gets plenty of use in the board alongside pedals that cost 10/15 times more
i've read great reviews of that one, some line6 copy? looks discontinued and getting rare/spensive.

Cheers.

GaryG wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:25 pmthe reverb, i have a silver one(can't remember the name at the minute) and as a basic reverb it's nice, by which i mean, it doesn't have all the fancy algorithms you might find in a strymon for example, but for under 20 quid!
I think that's the one amazon are pushing for £17, DR600.
i've read great reviews of that one, some line6 copy? looks discontinued and getting rare/spensive.

Cheers.
im in the room now, just checked and mine is the dr400

i also have a chorus, a phaser, a filter(static not autowah), a slow motion and an octave pedal.

don't get much use at all out of the chorus, but that's because im not a big chorus user, it has its place for sure but if im going that route i prefer vibrato.

the slomo and filter together can be fun, its an attack envelope to fake a volume swell, bit short for my tastes but serviceable.

the octave pedal sounds great both up or down an octave when placed after a fuzz :love:

seriously, for the price of a few pints and a pizza you get a good little package.

I used to use one of their 12-8-2 Eurorack mixers. It was great ... good spec, flexible routing, lots of outputs, etc. Lasted 12 years, then suddenly stopped working. It worked out cheaper to replace rather than repair. I also had the BC2000F midi controller which I sold. Still going strong afaik.

A large portion of your Squiers, Epiphones, and other lower-budget lines are actually made by Samick guitars. Maxon manufactured some of the better known Ibanez effects. It's possible.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

See, for example, a straighforward comparison (Deepmind 12 vs Prophet 6):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6M9vkh4wU
Then consider comparing the two Model D's.

I count two Behringers and soon comes the third.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”