How low can Behringer go?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I refer to their prices although I expect other puns and comments.

Model D - £259 at Bax Shop.
DeepMind 6 - £453 at GAK
DeepMind 12 D - £ 544 at Gear4Music.

Surely they cannot get much cheaper?

At those prices I'm wondering how many months they'll physically last before something goes wrong..
:borg:

You know what's funny? Thomann sells Behringer products again. :D Guess they didn't want to miss out on the profits.

Poor saps
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

One massive consideration for anybody making a quality comment. These are recent price reductions so do not reflect the quality of the product, instead it's simply passing along the savings of now fully amortized tooling costs. Also there are volume efficiencies from their new warehouse.

The product is the same as it was 12 months ago.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

That was one of the reasons I didn't sell my Tetra to replace it with Deepmind 12D. It's only 4 voices and I have to use it with a computer editor but the build quality and support seem to be much better so more peace of mind
Last edited by szurcio on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 am At those prices I'm wondering how many months they'll physically last before something goes wrong..
can't comment specifically on the above, however i have a couple or more behringer stomp boxes and a rack compressor ive had for over ten years easy and no issues.

szurcio wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:13 pm That was one of the reasons I didn't sell my Tetra to replace it with Deepmind 12D. It's only 4 voices and I have to use it with a computer editor but the build quality and support seem to be much better so more peace of mind
Do you own something from Behringer though?

What is it with people giving Behringer shit? Their products are actually damn decent for the prices they go for.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

I just ......rather nervously...... bought a QX1002USB mixer (£72). I am pleasantly surprised at the build quality.

Own a couple of Behringer products, one of which is quite elderly and still performs perfectly. I've had no issues with either product, and both performed as hoped for.

I think the Behringer hate stems is a cliche, based largely on their less expensive knock-offs of known products, and a little bit on their outright styling copying on some products. But they're very inexpensive, reliable, and deliver.

I will admit when I read the thread subject, my instinct was to mutter "Actually, pretty low," not knowing whether the question was about price or marketing.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Actually, I'd eventually like to see an example of the opposite. Having seen what they can offer in a poly synth that now sells for $699, I'd have to think what they could do at $2K or $3K would be pretty darned powerful.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Did the quality of TC Electronics drop since Behringer bought them?

Don't trust negative comments from those that leave no hints of the issues they've personally experienced
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Once you break even with developing costs - you can lower price and still make good business and increase sales volume.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”