What audio interface do you use?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apogee Duet 2 + Macbook pro mid 2012 (non retina). I'm really happy with that soundcard. In the future i want to buy Babyface pro fs (sometimes i need to work with PC, so that's the reason), but Duet 2 always will be in my heart!

Rme fireface 800, and an old rme multiface.
( and a 404hd for my ipad)
Best
YY

cgnat wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:02 pmm16dx
I always like mine, but I replaced it when I wanted more outputs.
Terrible experiences with drivers (Windows): Tascam and MOTU
Now I have an RME Fireface UC (expensive, but the best interface I've ever used) + Behringer ADA8200.
Edit: and an Alesis IO Dock for my iPad 2.

For me, the only reason to get an Apple PC is because they often 'play nicer' with cheap(er) audio interfaces (drivers)... but the price of Apple hardware offsets this of course.

Presonus Studio 1824 with a DigiMax DP88 preamp expansion connected via ADAT.

My sound studio DAW has

an MAudio Profire 2626 ADAT'd to
an EMU 1820M
and
a Behringer ADA8200 hooked up to an expert sleepers ES-1

Also got an MAudio Project Mix as a control surface that I could theoretically also use, and somewhere there's an MAudio BlackBox (ie an Adrenalinn with audio IO) with SPDIF that can also hook up to the 2626.

The old iPad has an old IK iRig HD.

On my 'nonDAW' PC I use the onboard audio and ASIO4all, or a Zoom H5.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Behringer UMC22. Not the greatest interface but it only cost me about £35......no complaints with it at that price.

focusrite 18/8.
nice enough, nice price :shrug:

Studio computer: Focusrite Red 8Pre, Rednet A16R, Neve 1073 OPX, Eventide H9000, Expert Sleepers ES-3+ES-6
Laptop: ES-9+ES-5
iPad Pro: Audinate AVIO USB

All three are connected to my Dante network, so they can all share I/O.

Behringer ADA8200 into EMU 1820m plus an 0202 card.
plus and old cheap mixer sending to an old Quadraverb then into the EMU

What audio face do you use? Gary Moore face.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Main DAW 'puter: x3 Motu 2408 mk3s
Rompler: Echo Layla 3G.

All old cards, but, work flawlessly.
eh?

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:21 pm What audio face do you use? Gary Moore face.

that's the face for massive fart with piles.

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Still on my MOTU 828 mk3 FW, but the driver has not been updated for Big Sur yet, so I'm using my Apogee One and doing everything with headphones for now (no biggie since I'm mostly just noodling and making scratch tracks while photography is taking most of my spare time). I've been debating whether or not to replace the MOTU, but I like it, it has what I need, and I'd rather not spend that kind of money on an interface when there are two very expensive lenses still remaining on my dream list that I'd rather buy.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”