What audio interface do you use?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB with Windows 10 64-bit

ooh- awesome!
My package has been sent from Thomann,
there wasn't one unit on sale in Australia.
I have just got the M-Audio M Track 8.
It is still in production, has current drivers and is class compliant on Mac.
This one will go on my 2008 iMac.
The only downside is that it has no MIDI ports.
Really looking forward to getting it in the mail, should be 2 weeks.

Can't say enough good things about RME, the Fireface 800 has been running solid for 13 odd years now.

NI Rig kontrol was starting to get hosed, Kore 1 as well. NI decided to stop supporting either as an audio interface, and as a MIDI interface... Can't recommend NI since both my audio devices from them were made with hardware that isn't supported in modern OS's.

I use a Babyface pro, I can't fault it apart from I wish it had a couple more inputs.

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40...got it the same time I built a new ultra-quiet, monster workstation and added Firewire just for this. It's been running now 10 years without a whisper. Have it in a small rack with a keyboard mixer and major patching capability.

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, totally satisfied.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB with MacOS Mojave 10.14.1. Also totally satisfied.

ttsakonas wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:08 pm Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, totally satisfied.
Same. Gen2. Don't have to think about it - I just use it and it works.

I upgraded from an old, used 8i6 which was giving me more and more grief in Win10 (this was also before they upgraded the drivers that I'd been waiting on for a year or more... which came out not long after I bought the 6i6, of course).

djanthonyw wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:34 pm Original MOTU Ultralite.
Same. Talk about great longevity (and 3-dongle goodness to actually connect it these days).

It seems if this thread is going on, we simply get the market share of interfaces listed...
The best ones are those who are still in use but years out of production...

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40... used it about 9.5 years OSX & Windows. Currently running just fine under Win10.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:19 am It seems if this thread is going on, we simply get the market share of interfaces listed...
The best ones are those who are still in use but years out of production...
Yup..
I'm still using my Emu 1212m and 0404 from 2004 on Win7_64, PCI not PCIe unfortunately
and love them.
I hook them up to a Joe Meek and Focusrite Voicemaster Pro Pres for mic duties etc ))))

RME BabyFace Pro at home.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD. Cheap, but good quality sound.

Clarett 2Pre USB: So clean and extremely low latency. Running under W10x64 on a Ryzen 1700X without any issues.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”