What audio interface do you use?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Steinberg CI2

Just picked up a Focusrite Scarlett 2in2 out 2nd gen.
Hope this handles a heavy load.

Straight2Vinyl wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:09 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:06 am
Straight2Vinyl wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm I haven't seen a general discussion of audio interfaces here, so as I'm looking for a new one myself I thought I'd kick it off.
What audio interface do you use and how do you like it? How does it perform?

My last unit was a Presonus Firebox which lasted me 10 years but I'll now be moving to windows 10 so I have to let her go.

What about you?
I had the Firebox and it worked on Windows 10 64 bit.

After about 10 years it stopped working so I got he Focusrite 2i4.
I was happy with the Firebox and now happy with the 2i4.
Really? What drivers were you using? There are no Windows 10 drivers for download at the Presonus site. Also, what kind of round trip latency were you getting?
And are you using a 1st or 2nd gen Focusrite? I'm literally about to buy a used 2i2 2nd gen today. 2nd hand but still sealed in box.
IIRC I used a driver for another of Presonus product but cannot recall which. Actually I bumped into a thread somewhere that made this suggestion.. Wait I see a note that I used Diver 5.13. But then maybe not.

External Crookwood converters with RME HDSPe AES interface for I/O with PC.

Steinberg MR816, works fine with Win10

audiobox usb.

i dont have much to say about it other than its worked perfectly right out of the box...ive never had to bother with it since i set it up. so...its great for me.
ImageImageImage

emu pcie1212

RME Multiface
Focusrite sapphire usb6 (x2)
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Audiophile 24/96
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Currently a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen USB audio interface used with Windows 10 64-bit.
More details about my system found in my signature.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Focusrite Clarett 4pre usb with Logic Pro X and Pro Tools

RME Fireface UC.

I also use a Steinberg UR22 regularly, both brands have the best drivers for windows.
dedication to flying

m16dx

Edirol FA-101 (since 2004 or so), always has been working flawlessly (though it took some effort to get it working on Windows 10 as it is a legacy product and not supported by Roland anymore).

I was using an Mbox 3 Mini for a while, then tried to update to a Presonus VSL44 (around 2015 or so). Had a terrible experience with it having jitters so put it in the closet, and went back to the Mbox.

The Mbox started having some volume pot issues recently, so started shopping about for a new interface and read that Presonus had recently updated the drivers for some old things.

I tried the new drivers out and the old 44VSL works like a charm with pretty darn good DAW-reported latency numbers.

So no new one needed.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”