The BEST workflow gear you own (HW + SW)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My absolute favourite hardware is still the Volca Sample and possibly the Pioneer Toraiz coming in as a close second. But for me the tracks on the Volca practically write themselves.

Software... it's probably Diva. But that's probably because I've worked with it for so long I know what to do without even thinking.

What's your favourites that gives you that perfect workflow?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

depends what im trying to achieve.
neither my guitar or synths are doing any good at satiating my appetite for some singing bowls. so ill need to add those, im pretty sure they wont enhance workflow.

but i like plugging my guitar or synths in and just getting lost, sometimes its awesome. other times not quite so.

im the weak link :o :cry:

I’m thinking about getting a CNC machine for the garage so I can construct my own toy piano and use it to write my opus.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm I’m thinking about getting a CNC machine for the garage so I can construct my own toy piano and use it to write my opus.
I would sample the living H out of the CNC if I were you :lol:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

https://uk.line6.com/variax-modeling-gu ... -standard/ (the black one of course..)

f**king marvellous - the sound of loads of types of guitars, but you only have to change one set of strings/don't have to get up to get another guitar/don't trip over the bastards. Also does a mean banjo. :love:

yorkshire hillbilly!

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:25 pm
deastman wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm I’m thinking about getting a CNC machine for the garage so I can construct my own toy piano and use it to write my opus.
I would sample the living H out of the CNC if I were you :lol:

/C
Better yet, sequence the motors to play music!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Ableton Live+Push, If would had to just one piece of hardware it would be Push.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:35 pm Ableton Live+Push, If would had to just one piece of hardware it would be Push.
I was gonna say the same, Push 2 is a real game-changer for me regarding HW/SW usability.

Also my acoustic guitars for songwriting but that's a different story. :tu:

Maschine for my DAW, Eurorack modular + a handful of software synths + a few FX pedals + a lot of software FX.

Sometimes I do MIDI sequencing in Maschine, sometimes I do my sequencing in modular when it tends toward more algorithmic, and sometimes I take a hybrid approach where gates are MIDI sequenced and drive events on the modular (and the gates themselves might be processed too).

I'm thinking about getting an SQ-1 for simpler knob-per-note sequencing than what I've got in modular, and also occasionally contemplate a CV-to-MIDI module so I can drive software synths via Marbles/Teletype :)

Still love my old Novation X-Station, loads of knobs and sliders, great keybed, on-board synth and audio interface which I use sometimes, dead easy to program, x-y pad, aftertouch - it just works better than any other midi controller I've ever had, and I've had a few!

I've just rearranged the 'studio' (box room) and it was first thing on the desk.

Software - that would be Bitwig. All the things I like in a daw realised in one, the combined clip/arrange view, the modulation, the clip management works for me better than anything else out there.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 pm https://uk.line6.com/variax-modeling-gu ... -standard/ (the black one of course..)

f**king marvellous - the sound of loads of types of guitars, but you only have to change one set of strings/don't have to get up to get another guitar/don't trip over the bastards. Also does a mean banjo. :love:

I wish I could say it was my be all end all but it isn't. It's like they decided all electric and acoustic guitars ended in 1966
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Workflow king is still Orion but as this is the hardware forum, I'll say Roli Seaboard Rise 25. It's versatility puts it head and shoulders above my other controllers and keyboards. I can use it to play Equator standalone, while Orion happily pounds along with it, or I can use it to control any VSTi inside Orion. KeyStep is probably better for previewing sounds, thanks to it's built-in arp and sequencer, but overall the Rise has a lot more to offer that I can't get anywhere else. Special mention to my little Uno, which is so quick and easy and always sounds great, as well as to MicroMonsta, which is much easier to work with that you would think from just looking at it (and it also sounds amazing).

My workflow killer would be Analog Keys, which is just too complicated and pig-headedly different. I feel like I'd need to take a month off work to get my head around it properly, so I find I just don't bother with it, which is a shame because it sounds great.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”