xrfyjcg tfyhkctgkuy

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cx fyhjgc ujklbj kmbjk,;v,h:bjl=nkl=
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I don't think you'll find keyboards with synth action over 5 octaves.
8 octaves is typically something for full-weighted piano action.

Why not get two smaller keyboards and a proper stand to support them both atop of each other?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

As I found most keybeds that claim to be semiwheighted keys does feel like synth keyboards and better for that than piano stuff.

Semiwheighted will be different than typical synth by just a little - but more ok than fully weighted keys. So don't be alarmed by semiwheighted specs.

I had a Casio keyboard, WK1800 or something, that were very synthy keys - 88 keys and all. I'm sure you can get similar very cheap. It has sounds and speakers as well, but not that expensive used.

But a bit like BertKoor suggested - get two laptop stands - and you can put one keybed, A-800, on desk and one on a pair of those. If you got 45-50 cm depth or so on desk it would work, I think.

I bought 6 of these, two I use for getting a floorboard with pedals up a bit. Useful for many things.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_laptopstand.htm

Two I put on top of my piano and ready for another synth etc.

I think the obvious choices have already been mentioned in the OP. At least, if you want to go with synth action keys. Of course, those are rather entry level keyboards, but, i doubt you'd find many synth action keyboards for a higher price, in that size.

xv hujklv hj;lhijvbjikb l:hjuil:buhjli
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Discouragingly, many of the least-expensive consumer semi-weighted pianos have dropped DIN MIDI ports, offering only a USB MIDI port, if that would matter.

Kurzweil and maybe others made some semi-weighted 76 and 88 stage pianos that might be cheap enough if you could find one used..

Though the "master controller" features are crude and bass-ackwards by modern standards, the venerable Yamaha KX76 has reputation of being one of the best-feeling synth-weighted keyboards ever, and they like their weighted big brothers KX88 are seemingly near-indestructible. If you happened to find a real good price somewhere on a used one. A friend has a KX76 bought new in the 1980s and he still totes the thang to gigs, never had a spot of trouble from it. My KX88 is still kicking just fine, but its mostly stayed at home over the decades. The main likely maintenance would be a battery replacement.

I know you said you don't want any sounds in the keyboard, but maybe look at Numa Compact, which is 88 fatar "semi weighted" synth action. I studied on that one a couple years ago. Piano players usually hate playing piano on synth actions but several "credible" piano player reviewers said sure its a light keyboard but surprisingly easy to play piano on it. Which to me implies a light action that might have good control/responsiveness. To my heavy ham-handed playing, many synth-action keys are too fiddly for stuff like piano or EP, too hard to avoid accidentally playing notes louder or softer than intended. Just sayin, if the Numa Compact will play piano purt good on a light action, then it will probably control other synth sounds purt good as well.

The original Numa Compact I think it had a new USA street price around $399 so maybe new old stock or used could be had affordable enough. There is now a Numa Compact 2 and a Numa Compact 2x which probably have the same keyboard and similar features, but more/better features, at USA street prices $500 and $700. But if you don't even want any sound at all in the box, then probably the original Numa Compact would be just as good a controller, and cheaper if you can find one.

I like weighted keys and been purt happy with a Studiologic SL88 Studio which costed about US$ 500 and plays easy to me, and has good midi controller features for my taste (I don't want a keyboard covered with knobs switches and sliders, but do want full control of zones, midi channels, program changes, etc). Now they also have an SL73 Studio, same key layout as a Rhodes 73 and same SL88 midi controller features, which is just cute as a bug, but it is weighted as well.

xdtghx fyhjc guj;kvjyu;kvyu
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The M-Audio is cheap, yes. I bought one for my daughter second hand for less than 100 bucks. If it breaks buy another one, still cheaper than a more "road worthy". Its light, which is an advantage. It acts like all the other light 5 octave keyboards, so you are familiar with the action already...
If you read reviews take into consideration what the reviewer expects, I guess any Piano player would give a bad review about it for its lack of weight...

That is a good point.

c gukugjhcvhul;vbjhikl:b juil:
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xfyjc fghjyc tgykjcgtuhykctgkuy
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like my cme uf7, 76 keys synth action, but i hate that it does not have 64bit win driver for usb (but it does have midi out port anyway). If you do not need that you should find it really cheap (used).
You can also check uf70 which is class compliant midi driver.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”