Moog One ... my wallet just went up in flames.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

toonertik wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 pm My brain is a bit old and weary now but isn't a lag processor a bit different from just a low_pass_filter. I am thinking of that Bulcha unit .. oops I am confusing low_pass_gate..>> silently fading into oblivion
yeah, that was my problem too .. sometimes things blend together. That's why I asked ED. He's probably either totally correct or enough right to not make a difference. It's probably just how the response curve is achieved... i.e. LPF for exp/log on a lag processor.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Lag filter is indeed just a 1-pole lowpass filter with cutoff set in infrasound range. LPG is something else :)

SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm
yeah, that was my problem too .. sometimes things blend together. That's why I asked ED. He's probably either totally correct or enough right to not make a difference. It's probably just how the response curve is achieved... i.e. LPF for exp/log on a lag processor.
oh es, things blend alright...
I thought I might have seen 1 Moog_One vid where the demonstrator was either saying a LFO could be used as a slew or I might have been mind_blending this with the S/H and softening the shapes. Did you see the demo I refer to and maybe you can remember more detail... too much info for a diminishing mind capacity (only so much RAM a head can hold>> so I am told :lol: )

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 pm Lag filter is indeed just a 1-pole lowpass filter with cutoff set in infrasound range. LPG is something else :)
yeah.. I could have deleted that part of my post.. but thought i'd leave it it unedited.

Nah, I think that's what started this entire part of the thread. They currently don't have a lag/slew routing for the LFO. But, there is a workaround that will get it done while we wait for the function to be added to the mod section (which Dan confirmed will happen)

Actually I think in Dan Fisher deep dive video he did mention there's a smoothing parameter in the LFO.

https://youtu.be/HqBTDiNdFmg?t=1279

There it is (21:20 in the vid). So we could easilly turn S&H into S&G, or rounded squares, etc. :)

My question during the live stream was using lag processor as a transform per matrix slot, though, so any modulation could use it. Especially important for aftertouch response, say.

Well done ED... that's it ))
Not exactly a real slew... but a work around until implemented.
It will interesting to see (well for me any way) if they decide to offer a unit sans keyboard. It's already a modular with out the extra added cost of patch cables. I see a lot of potential there.

Sure it's not a real slew, it's a lag processor :P
toonertik wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 pmIt will interesting to see (well for me any way) if they decide to offer a unit sans keyboard.

I highly doubt it.

yikes, I saw that and forgot about it completely.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:06 pm Sure it's not a real slew, it's a lag processor :P
toonertik wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 pmIt will interesting to see (well for me any way) if they decide to offer a unit sans keyboard.

I highly doubt it.
OK a lag it is then :dog:
I also doubt it BUT not highly.. they have done a couple of small modular type things that, from what I have seen, have sold well... next step in a couple of years could be to repackage the Moog_One into a keyboard less unit>> the modular market seems very strong now.. well I can hope...
hope is good in life, isn't it? :wink:

Can a 8 voice Moog One be upgraded to 16 voices?
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

synthmagic wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:55 pm Can a 8 voice Moog One be upgraded to 16 voices?
No

synthmagic wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:55 pm Can a 8 voice Moog One be upgraded to 16 voices?
Word from my SW rep was that "it's technically possible" but Moog is not offering it at this time. It remains an open question as to whether they might offer it "some day"... but that doesn't help if you're thinking of saving some money and getting the 8-voice in the short term.

It is precisely for this reason that I have ordered the 16-voice myself. :party:

For those who are interested in the Korg Prologue, I have a 16-voice model for sale... mint! :D

I think most people think the cheaper upgrade path will be to sell the 8 voice and buy a 16 vs sending one in for the upgrade.

bluerobot wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:31 pm
Word from my SW rep was that "it's technically possible" but Moog is not offering it at this time. It remains an open question as to whether they might offer it "some day"...
I wouldn't call it an open question... just cause there is a small crack, it is still very unlikely when they did not design it for that from the start.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”