Moog One ... my wallet just went up in flames.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah exactly. It became all about the investors and maximizing profit.

Well at least that isn't a problem with Moog.

BTW just because Bob isn't there doesn't mean the team that is there are clueless morons. Amos for sure knows his shit, and he WAS tutored by Bob, so...

I've talked to many of the engineers and workers there quite a few times, to include Amos and Cyril. As I've said before, anyone who suggests they aren't passionate and extremely skilled are completely ignorant. You can not like their approach. That's fine. But to identify them with the some kind of wall street profiteers trying to monetize a random product they don't really understand has no f'n clue.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Stefken wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm A business plan for sure....

I regard it more like feeding off somebody else's inventions and repacking his stuff over and over.
A moog with one oscillator, a moog with 2 osc's, a moog with 3 osc's, a moog without sequencer, a moog with sequencer, ...
The genius has long left the building and what's left is a flock of ruminants who are cashing in on his legacy (harsh I know but holds truth for me) .
Well, those ruminants have come up with the most interesting analog synth (for me) that I have ever seen. :party: :love: :party:

pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 pm Well, those ruminants have come up with the most interesting analog synth (for me) that I have ever seen. :party: :love: :party:
Well, they DO have very nice building blocks to play with.
And I understand when you just payed ~8000 bucks for a synth, it's a normal reaction to defend it.

But you can't not see that they repackage the same parts over and over.
There are nice new touches in the Moog one though like the dual filter, the user spaces (yeeha; some innovation).

But i'm glad there is somebody like Behringer who's opening up the market AND who is not afraid to go from a Deepmind to something TOTALLY different as the Neutron.
You could even say that this opening up off the market, has had an effect on Moog and woke them up from their wintersleep into finally trying something that does not completely fit into their comfortzone.
(I know development on the Moog One started before that, nevertheless that doens't mean there is no effect...)

lol, the neutron is a direct rip of the M-32 concept. B has never had an original idea in their life other than figuring out how to use cheap labor in china.

That's total BS. M-32 and Neutron are very different machines (yeah, they both have a patch bay, sorry about that).
But it's obvious who bought The Moog One around here.
Starting to sound like an U-he thread where you can't say anything bad about the product.

Sure you can say bad things but they need to have merit.

Suggesting B is somehow innovative and Moog is not is laughable in the extreme. All credibility down the bowl.

Name a product that B created. Just one. Even their clones are not original, there have been tons of guys building one offs of these things for ages. The deepmind and the neutron are other peoples designs that his engineers modified. I think those are smart guys who love what they are doing as well. But, he's riding coattails on a market he had nothing to do with until he could get his 3 cents a unit out of his factory.

By the way, I have no axe to grind with B. It's great that this stuff is now being done in a way that people can afford. But, giving them any kind of nod for originality is bonkers. They are basically 10th to market on everything as they wait to figure out how to drive the unit cost down. Again, I think it's great that he is doing these things. But original? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man, oh that's rich.

Stefken wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:22 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 pm Well, those ruminants have come up with the most interesting analog synth (for me) that I have ever seen. :party: :love: :party:
Well, they DO have very nice building blocks to play with.
And I understand when you just payed ~8000 bucks for a synth, it's a normal reaction to defend it.

But you can't not see that they repackage the same parts over and over.
There are nice new touches in the Moog one though like the dual filter, the user spaces (yeeha; some innovation).

But i'm glad there is somebody like Behringer who's opening up the market AND who is not afraid to go from a Deepmind to something TOTALLY different as the Neutron.
You could even say that this opening up off the market, has had an effect on Moog and woke them up from their wintersleep into finally trying something that does not completely fit into their comfortzone.
(I know development on the Moog One started before that, nevertheless that doens't mean there is no effect...)
There is nothing to defend... now if my synth lost features because you stated a negative opinion on the internet, then I would have a reason to defend it! hehehehe

Fortunately my synth is immune... and I will either love it over time or sell it based on the merits of the synth in my hands.

The Moog One has a new Osc design, a second filter which is a new design, 4 LFO's with those LFO's being the most flexible ever in an analog synth. Tri-timbral, very flexible voice allocation, the best preset system I have ever seen, fantastic UI, a modulation system as powerful as the best software synths, inserts, cv, audio in, and some Eventide reverbs. A true dream synth and with 16 voices! Finally enough!

I'm glad Behringer is making synths. The more the merrier! However, the Neutron is not something new. There must be a dozen semi-modular analog monosynths with patch points. Behringer is not going into new territory but rather copying existing designs (I don't consider that a bad thing).

pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:58 pm The Moog One has a new Osc design, a second filter which is a new design, 4 LFO's with those LFO's being the most flexible ever in an analog synth. Tri-timbral, very flexible voice allocation, the best preset system I have ever seen, fantastic UI, a modulation system as powerful as the best software synths, inserts, cv, audio in, and some Eventide reverbs. A true dream synth and with 16 voices! Finally enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPbj9NX0zc

well, this thread went down the pan all of a sudden...

AnX wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:36 pm well, this thread went down the pan all of a sudden...
:hihi: it's going to be tough sledding between now and receipt.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:41 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:36 pm well, this thread went down the pan all of a sudden...
:hihi: it's going to be tough sledding between now and receipt.
If they just do a vocoder video all will be well :hihi:

I think it started to slide down the wall from page 1
Maybe now it just hits the pan..
Hey, what do we expect... KVR and a new (expensive, though I think quiet reasonable price) Moog!
It's the interweb Jim... just as we know it :wink:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”