Moog One ... my wallet just went up in flames.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now you’re making stuff up. I have never confused audiophile and YouTube. I just said that it is good enough to know that the oscillators are up to snuff. Why are we fighting anyways? I don’t really have a bone to pick with you.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:47 pm So, it only matters if I use laptop speakers, but doesn’t matter if I use about $10k worth of stereo? Make up your mind.
The YouTube sound quality itself doesn't change with better gear. Get it now?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:49 pm Now you’re making stuff up. I have never confused audiophile and YouTube. I just said that it is good enough to know that the oscillators are up to snuff. Why are we fighting anyways? I don’t really have a bone to pick with you.
And others says they're thin.
Maybe it's your $10k setup that not configured correctly.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

The quality doesn’t but don’t even try to tell me that ear buds or laptop speakers will sound just as good as my stereo even listening to youtube. I know better. I don’t really care what other say. I know they don’t sound thin. They don’t even sound thin on the youtube feed. And, I can confirm when mine arrives.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:59 pm ED .. Dan Fisher posted on the Moog forum that Slew Up/Down etc are in the works for the transform slot in the mod matrix.
Absolutely amazing!

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:59 pm ED .. Dan Fisher posted on the Moog forum that Slew Up/Down etc are in the works for the transform slot in the mod matrix.
Absolutely amazing!
:tu:

BMoore wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:47 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:16 pm
BMoore wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:54 pm yeah, it was a Moog live stream
No wonder you could hear how huge it sounded...
The big KVR internet myth: You can't judge the sound of a synthesizer from a Youtube video at all.

I really wished people would ring down the curtain on that. Or buy a set of decent ears.
Don't advocate the pure and fat properties of analog synths, and then go gaga over the sound quality in a YouTube video.
I wonder what you think all those sound demos are for, when a soft or hard synths is released. Surprise surprise, they're all compressed.

Stefken wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Moog is not strong in innnovation.
They have been re-using the same stuff for 30 years. Most of which is credited to (the innovation of) the late Bob Moog, not the current generation.
How can Moog Music be re-using the same stuff for 30 years when they have only been going for 16 years ?

Moog Guitar, lap steel, Moog Voyager series, the Phatty series, the mother series, mp201 pedal, mooger foogers, Theraminis and now the One are not all just rehashing the same thing over and over. I think you’ll find some innovation in there.

They have reissued the Taurus pedals, Model D, some of the Modulars, they still make the theramins and a few of the moogerfoogers had quite a long production run but most of their products have been new designs that are not credited to Bob.

Focus on *some* innovation but mostly they are variations on the same theme.

Actually, the oscillators are new but it remains to be seen if that is an approvement over the original designs.

Nothing wrong with sticking to a working business plan in my eyes. People expect a Moog synthesizer, Moog delivers.

A business plan for sure....

I regard it more like feeding off somebody else's inventions and repacking his stuff over and over.
A moog with one oscillator, a moog with 2 osc's, a moog with 3 osc's, a moog without sequencer, a moog with sequencer, ...
The genius has long left the building and what's left is a flock of ruminants who are cashing in on his legacy (harsh I know but holds truth for me) .

Stefken wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm A business plan for sure....

I regard it more like feeding off somebody else's inventions and repacking his stuff over and over.
A moog with one oscillator, a moog with 2 osc's, a moog with 3 osc's, a moog without sequencer, a moog with sequencer, ...
The genius has long left the building and what's left is a flock of ruminants who are cashing in on his legacy (harsh I know but holds truth for me) .
Do you feel the same way about, for example Ford Motors or Ferrari or even Hoover etc etc..
Maybe these companies should have closed in your "World view", so all the workers can not be accused of feeding from the legacy...
Funny how some become so emotive when referring to musical things!

10 days to shipping ... going to be a long 10 days

toonertik wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:20 pm
Stefken wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm A business plan for sure....

Do you feel the same way about, for example Ford Motors or Ferrari or even Hoover etc etc..
Maybe these companies should have closed in your "World view", so all the workers can not be accused of feeding from the legacy...
Funny how some become so emotive when referring to musical things!
Creative subjects are typically a thing of emotion, so that's not so strange.
And I'm not referring to workers.

I do have a high respect for creators, not for moneygrabbing.
When Adobe was small, it was a very friendly and creative company. Then the moneygrabbing came in, and the company completely changed.

Stefken wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm When Adobe was small, it was a very friendly and creative company. Then the moneygrabbing came in, and the company completely changed.
You mean when it had investors who required a return on their investment?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”