IK's free UNO Synth Editor now available for Mac/PC and iOS

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

IK is proud to announce that our free UNO Synth Editor is now available for Mac/PC and iOS.

The UNO Synth Editor is a plug-in and standalone app that lets you access all the parameters of IK’s groundbreaking UNO Synth, the real analog synthesizer for everyone. The Editor lets you go beyond the front panel controls and access deeper programming settings like full 4-stage ADSR envelopes for both filter and amplitude, pulse width and waveform shape modulation of the oscillators, modulation wheel assignments, velocity control and much more. The Editor does not make sound on its own. Rather, it is a controller for the UNO Synth hardware that gives you remote control of this innovative instrument from your computer or mobile device.

UNO Synth Editor works as an app on iOS devicesand as a standalone application and DAW plug-in on Mac/PC.

To learn more about the new free UNO Synth Editor please visit http://www.unosynth.com/editor

Oh wow an iOS version is very smart - I would probably use that more than a VST - does it need a wired midi connection?

aMUSEd wrote:Oh wow an iOS version is very smart - I would probably use that more than a VST - does it need a wired midi connection?
I think it is USB to USB/iPAD adaptor....

Its a great little editor, update was very easy (that's one of the easiest USB updaters for an analog synth I have used) and the stand alone/VST editors work as expected; loads of modulation possibilities with the VST and Bitwig :party:

Its cool to be able to have descriptive names rather than just numbers on the software editor (maybe IK can do ity for the first 20 presets that we cant edit on the next release!). Its very easy to load sounds now (I wonder who will sell the first bank ;-)) so when running it with a DAW presets are basically unlimited now.

I need to dive in a bit more, but so far very happy with the sound and use of the UNO, one of my top purchases of the year :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

aMUSEd wrote:Oh wow an iOS version is very smart - I would probably use that more than a VST - does it need a wired midi connection?
You would use an adapter and connect via USB. Per the UNO Synth Editor page:
*USB/Lighting adapter required. iPhone/iPad operation requires battery power.

What have IK got against AU on IOS, you make a VST on desktop but no plugin on IOS, do you like your desktop customers more or just cant be bothered to support IOS properly ?
Duh

bungle wrote:What have IK got against AU on IOS, you make a VST on desktop but no plugin on IOS, do you like your desktop customers more or just cant be bothered to support IOS properly ?
We have Syntronik working with AU and will have more in the future.

bungle wrote:What have IK got against AU on IOS, you make a VST on desktop but no plugin on IOS, do you like your desktop customers more or just cant be bothered to support IOS properly ?
Jez, its almost like people have run out of things to complain about on the UNO synth….Its free (and realy good) and its multi-platform, it is available for every platform that they said it would be before launch. That's just a :tu: and a 'good job' in my opinion, not a complaint about other platforms never advertised as being supported (wait for 'where is the 'android' app!)

Personally I don't have (and am not aware of) any 'AU' plug in for ANY hardware synth I own, so I guess I am being 'let down' by Roland, Korg, Yamaha, DSI, Moog....

What iOS AU plug in's for hardware synth control do you have?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

WTF ?
Just because other software doesn't support AU because it was designed before AU, means that IK shouldn't support AU, what utter stupidity, if developers thought like that we would still be running directX plugins.

Synth, modulate with host automation, save in project, total recall, etc etc, get over yourself you silly fanboy.

IK had the chance here to be at the forefront of IOS design and would have quite simply been the talk of every IOS chat network.
Duh

SLiC wrote:(wait for 'where is the 'android' app!)
If I were a betting man I'd guess you haven't been to the UNO Synth Facebook group then... a few Android requests there, but outside of that we may have fielded some directly but I'm not seeing a huge swell of requests there.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
If I were a betting man I'd guess you haven't been to the UNO Synth Facebook group then... a few Android requests there, but outside of that we may have fielded some directly but I'm not seeing a huge swell of requests there.
Ok, here is another “without android support for the editor” this synth is a no buy post. I don’t use facebook for this kind of thing. Maybe Facebook membership isn’t a good indicator of user base needs.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

bungle wrote:WTF ?
Just because other software doesn't support AU because it was designed before AU, means that IK shouldn't support AU, what utter stupidity, if developers thought like that we would still be running directX plugins.

Synth, modulate with host automation, save in project, total recall, etc etc, get over yourself you silly fanboy.

IK had the chance here to be at the forefront of IOS design and would have quite simply been the talk of every IOS chat network.
Do you own an even own an UNO?

Just because someone disagrees with you on what a company should allocate resource to isn't a 'silly fanboy' (practically as the current editor doesn't work in VST mode in all DAWS properly and the new firmware seems to have stopped the hardware working properly, see my posts on Gearslutz.)

People who want Android apps and AU iPad plugs should maybe wait until the VST/AU and stand alone editors work perfectly before they are ported to less common platforms. The people who actually own UNO's need to get the current editors working with all DAWS, everything else is noise/distraction until this is done!
Last edited by SLiC on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

If your ARP isn't working after then new firmware when not connected to the DAW.....

If you have used the editor and selected 'USB' for clock then the UNO remembers this and you will have no sequencer or ARP unless you manually turn it back to Internal in the editor before disconnecting.

Important that you do that as I can't see any way it can be switched without the editor (Peter...it may be better to default to 'internal' after power off? What do other users think?)

NOTE: I am on windows 7 - 64 bit, I7 3930K , 32 gigs of RAM.
Current daw: Cubase 8.5

I am thinking that the ARP should be working when it is receiving midi note data through the plugin or the standalone editor. Here it is not functioning that way. Also the internal sequencer isn't playing when it is connected through the plugin or standalone editor. I am thinking that the sequencer would be playable and would lock to the midi clock if it was being sent through the editor/plugin.

Also: Scanning - In Cubase 8.5 the VST 2 version doesn't appear. VST 3 is available. In Cubase 8.5 it won't load the presets (VST 3) consistently, stalling on "loading preset"... it did work for me once and all was fine (including recording automation) but I couldn't get it to load the presets again. I have tried using only the USB connections and Only the MIDI connections and combinations of both and still no joy.

I'll do some testing in Cubase 9.5, Bitwig and Maschine later this weekend as time permits.

For now I am using the standalone editor which is great but lacks the recording automation feature that I am really wanting in the plugin. VST editors are hard. Very few companies seem to be able to pull it off with reliable and consistent results. There are also many possibilities of user error with midi feedback loops. Most companies that provide editors give setup guides for 2 or 3 specific Daws which can help people avoid those issues.

I will post later this weekend on some further tests. I am surprised IK didn't ask for beta testers. I offered.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Ok, here is another “without android support for the editor” this synth is a no buy post. I don’t use facebook for this kind of thing. Maybe Facebook membership isn’t a good indicator of user base needs.
I was saying that there were a few there in a specific UNO Synth Facebook group asking for Android editors. Wasn't at all saying, implying, inferring, or any other "ing" anything that would indicate we use Facebook membership of an indicator of user base needs. Your request has been relayed to the team.

Scotty wrote:NOTE: I am on windows 7 - 64 bit, I7 3930K , 32 gigs of RAM.
Current daw: Cubase 8.5

I am thinking that the ARP should be working when it is receiving midi note data through the plugin or the standalone editor. Here it is not functioning that way. Also the internal sequencer isn't playing when it is connected through the plugin or standalone editor. I am thinking that the sequencer would be playable and would lock to the midi clock if it was being sent through the editor/plugin.

Also: Scanning - In Cubase 8.5 the VST 2 version doesn't appear. VST 3 is available. In Cubase 8.5 it won't load the presets (VST 3) consistently, stalling on "loading preset"... it did work for me once and all was fine (including recording automation) but I couldn't get it to load the presets again. I have tried using only the USB connections and Only the MIDI connections and combinations of both and still no joy.

I'll do some testing in Cubase 9.5, Bitwig and Maschine later this weekend as time permits.

For now I am using the standalone editor which is great but lacks the recording automation feature that I am really wanting in the plugin. VST editors are hard. Very few companies seem to be able to pull it off with reliable and consistent results. There are also many possibilities of user error with midi feedback loops. Most companies that provide editors give setup guides for 2 or 3 specific Daws which can help people avoid those issues.

I will post later this weekend on some further tests. I am surprised IK didn't ask for beta testers. I offered.
I would report this to IK Support directly with full details as they would have tested with Cubase and I hadn't heard that there were problems with the VST2 version. They would be able to identify what's happening in your case and then help resolve it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”