U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't even know this existed and I was always wondering how Varigate+ and Voltage Block communicate...

I think we have indeed frozen the hardware design by now. We have recently switched to different jacks, requiring yet another minor revision of one of the boards.

Regarding preset switches - yes and no. CVz is going to be a utility module which may be used in many different ways. Sometimes preset switches might come in handy, other times they don't. I'm not sure if it makes much sense to listen to the Select Bus.

/eyes rack space in anticipation 8)

justin3am wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:12 pm Hey Urs, any thoughts about the eurorack Select Bus system? I have a few modules which support it now and it's a really cool trick to be able to change presets for more than one client module from a single server. I'm doing this with my Rene v2, Tempi and Disting mk4 (I may get my Voltage Block in the mix). WMD, Malekko, Make Noise, Mungo and possibly a few others have implemented this system which was originally developed by Macro Machines but the specs are all available and the system itself work very well.

At first, I thought this would require a 16-pin power header (to connect with the pins that Dopefer and others use for the CV/Gate bus) but I think you could just have a separate header which just connects to a second bus board header.

I assume that hardware design on CVlization is frozen (I hope ;-)) but I would be interested to hear you thoughts on the subject.
there was an audible "whoosh!" as that went over my head :lol:

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:41 am I didn't even know this existed and I was always wondering how Varigate+ and Voltage Block communicate...

I think we have indeed frozen the hardware design by now. We have recently switched to different jacks, requiring yet another minor revision of one of the boards.

Regarding preset switches - yes and no. CVz is going to be a utility module which may be used in many different ways. Sometimes preset switches might come in handy, other times they don't. I'm not sure if it makes much sense to listen to the Select Bus.
Thanks. I was just curious.

I'm very excited about your CVlization module. I have a space reserved in my sequencing case. :)

I checked out the specs. I think it would be useful to switch presets, clock and reset CVz through the Select Bus. So an optional slave mode might make sense and actually free up the two CV inputs.

It's totally possible that our expander port (thinking ahead...) might be able to connect. But I do not know yet if we can then run the expander in parallel as we had planned.

It's also possible that connecting to the bus would be a super minor change in hardware.

We'll figure this out next week.

Definitely looking forward to this as well. Hope you're going to be able to make
a big enough run to accommodate everyone. Otherwise, maybe a pre-order
would be appropriate. The reason being that I imagine they will be quite
popular.

pekbro wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:53 am Definitely looking forward to this as well. Hope you're going to be able to make
popular.
We've stocked enough encoders to build 1000+ units, which afaiaa would be a big success (people recommended to start with 100-200 units). If our first batch of 200 (maybe a few more) sells quickly, we'll hopefully be able to fill the gap asap.

Of course we don't yet know how long testing, packaging and shipping takes. The whole gang at u-he HQs is prepared to spend a few days or even weeks on this.

Thanks Urs, thats great! Not in a hurry, as I don't even have the space for it currently. :D
Although, I would buy it regardless. Take your time and enter the market smartly and smoothly.
That way we can expect many more great modules to come... :tu:

pekbro wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:53 am Definitely looking forward to this as well. Hope you're going to be able to make
would be appropriate
. The reason being that I imagine they will be quite
popular.
only if it is stipulated that on such a date, once vurt places his order first, the preorder will be open.

otherwise, i just sleep through and miss out on stuff :cry:

Urs wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:14 am
popular.
We've stocked enough encoders to build 1000+ units, which afaiaa would be a big success (people recommended to start with 100-200 units). If our first batch of 200 (maybe a few more) sells quickly, we'll hopefully be able to fill the gap asap.

Of course we don't yet know how long testing, packaging and shipping takes. The whole gang at u-he HQs is prepared to spend a few days or even weeks on this.
:party:

Urs wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 am I checked out the specs. I think it would be useful to switch presets, clock and reset CVz through the Select Bus. So an optional slave mode might make sense and actually free up the two CV inputs.

It's totally possible that our expander port (thinking ahead...) might be able to connect. But I do not know yet if we can then run the expander in parallel as we had planned.

It's also possible that connecting to the bus would be a super minor change in hardware.

We'll figure this out next week.
No worries. It would be a killer feature if you can do it easily (:hihi:) but don't kill yourself trying to make it happen. I have a feeling CVz will be a success regardless.

The more I get involved in developing products for Nektar, the more I'm aware of how a "simple" feature request can blow-up a schedule.

CVlization plus a super secret prototype plus a little about Hive 2 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgoKlrmK2g

And here is Maestro Urs Heckmann at Superbooth 2019! :clap:

u-he - Urs Heckmann @SUPERBOOTH 19
Urs you need to ground your pretty spiral ESD wrist strap for it to work. You wore that last year as well didn't you?! :D
18:50...did you get your foggy pink LED's in the right size?
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

This is EXACTLY what I need. Both of them...

I also appreciate the bit about the manual as I was just reading the Rene' 2 manual last night.
Seemingly, they managed to super complicate relatively simple operations by writing them down. :D
I also read some Mannequins manuals, what's that guy on about? :lol: although they do somehow
manage to be super cool. My favorite (seriously) is the Subcon guy, who doesn't even write a manual.

I would suggest Uhe write any hardware manuals in the style of a comic book, seriously...

:tu: :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”