Backing up Novation Circuit to ipad.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know of a way to do this? I will be without internet access for a couple of weeks and would like to backup sessions somehow.

The Components Software (standalone and via Chrome browser) works great on my PC but although I can load it in Chrome on my iPad it will not connect to my Circuit hardware and there does not appear to be a standalone version for iOS.

The MIDI Synth Circuit app is great on the iPad for editing synth patches and saving/loading them but the manuals explanation of how to handle session content is sparse and unclear. I think it will not backup content (patterns, allocated patches and samples) but only the top level mixer settings. but I am not sure.

There are "Circuit Upload" and "CMS Upload" pages in the app but I cannot get them to do anything.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Info for anyone else looking for a way to backup Circuit sessions to an iPad.

From Sigabort (MIDI Synth Circuit app):
"There is no download of sessions from Circuit to the iPad as Novation do not release the specs for this unfortunately."

From Novation support:
"Chrome on iOS doesn't support web MIDI so you won't be able to use Components to edit the Circuit on it. Currently no apps supporting web MIDI will work with Circuit on iOS.
If you have an Android device you can use an OTG cable to use Components and save to your account.
I am not aware of any plans to release an iOS app at this time."

Looks like we are out of luck.

Hi, the latest version of the iOS app allows session download.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”