Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i think at this point...ill just forget about ordering it from anywhere and wait till i can buy one directly from behringer on amazon (like the model d now)....which would get me free 2 day shipping and no sales tax.

::edit::

the only weird thing on amazon is that a 3 year protection plan (for the model d) is 14 bucks...but a 4 year plan is 64...kinda odd pricing. :shrug:
ImageImageImage

Not necessarily strange: they might think that failures are much more likely in year 4...

imrae wrote:Not necessarily strange: they might think that failures are much more likely in year 4...
well...obviously the older it is the more likely it is to break down. whats odd is the drastic spike. also odd is the term limits. 3 and 4 years instead of 2 and 4...its just weird. its from square trade and covers accidents like spillage and dropping the thing as well, so not just failures.

3 years for 14 bucks sounds like a pretty good deal actually if its gonna cover me if my cat knocks my coffee over on it or it gets dropped if i take it out somewhere.

i dont care really about the protection plan, just making an observation is all.
ImageImageImage

Amazon: why not use an alternative

^Me gusta. Looking for real-life shots :)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

ohhh....those are nice. i think that green machine is calling my name. once i actually have a neutron that is.
ImageImageImage

Damn... Wish there were overlays for all the Waldorf synths..

So.. how's the reliability seem on these? I thinking of buying one of these as an xmas present to myself. As always I'm a bit worried about Behringer as a brand. Every single one of my Behringer purchases , except the FB1010 midi pedal thing, have had some problems or downright failed at some point not long after warranty. This is why I never purchase expensive behringer gear (the last one was my DDX3296 mixer board about a decade ago).

This not being expensive is reassuring as if it fails.. it fails. I'll mostly be using it for creating crazy samples and fx to grow my custom library of samples so if it lasts 2 years I'll consider it money well spent.

Still, I don't want it to be dead on arrival. So how is it? I already know I like the sound of it, very much so (I think it's one of the best sounding new analogue synths in ages). I like the dirt, distortion and grime of it. All the leaking LFO's and whatnot are what I'd consider exclusive features so those don't worry me at all. :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 pm So.. how's the reliability seem on these? I thinking of buying one of these as an xmas present to myself. As always I'm a bit worried about Behringer as a brand. Every single one of my Behringer purchases , except the FB1010 midi pedal thing, have had some problems or downright failed at some point not long after warranty. This is why I never purchase expensive behringer gear (the last one was my DDX3296 mixer board about a decade ago).
I've been having a Behringer DM12, Neutron, Xenyx 1002, Xenyx 502, and never had any issue with them.

bmanic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 pm Still, I don't want it to be dead on arrival. So how is it? I already know I like the sound of it, very much so (I think it's one of the best sounding new analogue synths in ages). I like the dirt, distortion and grime of it. All the leaking LFO's and whatnot are what I'd consider exclusive features so those don't worry me at all. :D
Have had mine a month... no problems... and it does not feel like a piece of crap that is gonna fall apart right away. Of course it might, but it does not give that impression.

love the sound of it... it has the raw character one expects from an analog synth. If it is too well behaved, then software works fine.

bmanic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 pm So.. how's the reliability seem on these? I thinking of buying one of these as an xmas present to myself. As always I'm a bit worried about Behringer as a brand. Every single one of my Behringer purchases , except the FB1010 midi pedal thing, have had some problems or downright failed at some point not long after warranty.
Comes with 3 year warranty, it's only been out a few months
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Well warranty and Behringer has been very shoddy in the past.. and Thomann lists it as 2 year warranty. Also ruggedness of the external stuff doesn't always tell the whole story. In the past Behringer have had really dodgy QA on the internal basic components like capacitors etc.

Anyhow, due to it being so affordable I'm going to order one regardless. I really do like the sound. It's very unique in my opinion. Doesn't sound like anything else on the market and it complements me friends Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV-1 synth very well. It's going to be an awesome combination for some live jamming. :D

I once opened up a Xenyx mixer and was horrified at how badly the insides were put together. Stuff was almost literally being held together by gum.

Hi,
I had the opportunity to test one in a shop, but with no patch cables. It looks like a nice unit, but the filter brings distortion too easily, which is something I don't necessarily like. I found the sound "so so", almost as stable as some plugins and the envelopes prone to click.
I was wondering if it really worth the buy or if it is not possible to do the same with some modular software, like VCV.
Any idea ?
Regards

You can pretty much completely bypass the distortion by patching right out from the oscillators.

I can post audio examples once I get mine.. should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Looking forward to combining this with my Akai MPC Live for some awesome loop jamming. :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”