Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Semi Modular Synth teased...
...and not a clone! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaxG5g266A
Last edited by db3 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wow...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

:tu:

:hyper:

:D

Im still cant believe they havent gone Eurorack yet.
Maybe they dont feel the market is large enough
Amazon: why not use an alternative

If looks could kill, this one would be up for a 30 stretch with no parole.

Behringer are knocking it out of the park right now.

I'll reserve judgement until a hear more examples but so far it doesn't look or sound very interesting. And I'm not on board with this trend of putting all the patch points off to one side.
I was totally underwhelmed by the Deepmind once I had a chance to try one out, maybe my opinion is biased due to that experience.

This looks awesome! From what I hear in the vid, it sounds quite nice as well. I can't wait to hear more. Wonder how much it will cost and if Behringer will keep prices low like they did with the Model D.

justin3am wrote:I'll reserve judgement until a hear more examples but so far it doesn't look or sound very interesting. And I'm not on board with this trend of putting all the patch points off to one side.
I want more feature info, a good look at that patch bay, price point, etc. as well as more audio demos. But I'm still more inclined toward the Pittsburgh Microvolt if I'm going to trade my 0-Coast for anything else.

Patch points on the side... I have some mixed feelings but can see it makes sense in a context where you're going to self-patch a lot. It works pretty well on the E370, but then there's extra spatial association in that case (four rows of knobs, four sets of 6 jacks arranged the same way).

I wouldn't trade my 0-Coast for anything but I would love to see Erica Synths do a standalone desktop semi modular.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:I wouldn't trade my 0-Coast for anything but I would love to see Erica Synths do a standalone desktop semi modular.
Is Erica synths anything to do with the cool modular musician Erica?

justin3am wrote: I was totally underwhelmed by the Deepmind once I had a chance to try one out, maybe my opinion is biased due to that experience.
I didn't try one out myself, but i absolutely loved every sound demo i've seen on Youtube. IMO, they really hit the spot with the DeepMind.

aMUSEd wrote:Is Erica synths anything to do with the cool modular musician Erica?
No relation, but equally cool.
Image Image Image Image

chk071 wrote:
justin3am wrote: I was totally underwhelmed by the Deepmind once I had a chance to try one out, maybe my opinion is biased due to that experience.
I didn't try one out myself, but i absolutely loved every sound demo i've seen on Youtube. IMO, they really hit the spot with the DeepMind.
Yeah, sound quality was fine... it just wasn't any fun to play with, IMO. To be fair, I'm not the target market for a product like that.

foosnark wrote:I want more feature info, a good look at that patch bay, price point, etc. as well as more audio demos. But I'm still more inclined toward the Pittsburgh Microvolt if I'm going to trade my 0-Coast for anything else.

Patch points on the side... I have some mixed feelings but can see it makes sense in a context where you're going to self-patch a lot. It works pretty well on the E370, but then there's extra spatial association in that case (four rows of knobs, four sets of 6 jacks arranged the same way).
I'm not really impressed with the Microvolt either. I got to play with that yesterday for a few minutes. I like Pittsburg modular filters and oscillators on their own but I've never clicked with the complete voices they make.

I won't be trading my 0-Coast in anytime soon, it's kinda limited (well very limited when compared to my Shared System) but it's so much fun and it's chock-full-o'-sweetspots. :hug:

It's that spacial association which is important to me. If the jacks are somehow arranged in relationship to the controls which they are related, I don't have to read the labels because it's just intuitive. With these grids of jacks, it's tougher to get to that point of being able to patch without referencing the labels.

I am pretty much 100% positive that there will be a patchbay like the one teased in that earlier on the right side of the synth like the Mother 32.

Just look at the Neutron logo and Behringer logo, they are definitely off center. Look at the space to the left of the Neutron logo, that same space should be to the right of the Behringer logo so they appear centered. Perfect amount of space to fit that patchbay to the right of the controls. ;)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”