NI Komplete Kontrol templates pack

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Padshop Pro needs the VST2, not VST3

Spire might need you to tweak the plugin name in the edit menu, I think the Mac and Win versions may have different names

aMUSEd wrote:Padshop Pro needs the VST2, not VST3

Spire might need you to tweak the plugin name in the edit menu, I think the Mac and Win versions may have different names
Thanks! couldn't figure out the name thing for Spire. Changed the name in anything I could edit to the name of the plugin "Spire-1.1" but still can't find it somehow...

FYI, Kymeia's suggestion to make a copy of Padshop vst3 file and put it in VST folder (as padshop.vst) worked! I couldn't track down a legit VST2 version of Padshop Pro and it doesn't seem that the AU mac version works either.

Yes if you're on Mac that's the only way

We've agreed to consolidate all our work into the same Dropbox repository so I've now added nksf conversions of presets (including NKS audio previews) for a number of plugins (just factory content):

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 59/page-42

Thanks, sounds like a great idea! Would be great to have a user library so folks can upload their custom templates. I guess it would. hmmm. I can see problems that could result though.

I'd really like to start making my own templates with previews and thumbnails. Where is the best place to start to learn how all this is done. I think I have the custom mapping thing down but not sure how to incorporate the image and previews.

thanks for point me in the right direction!

Well I put that NI Forum sticky thread together to serve as a place for us users to share templates and also share and develop our knowledge of how NKS worked so we could eventually learn enough to replicate how to make NKS compatible plugins since NI were only interested in opening it up to partner developers. So there's a lot in there (start at the front for that) but also there's an info.txt in the repository that explains some of the key things like where to put stuff and syntax for database entries. The way to start though is to map a plugin to the controls and save it as a nksf patch. Then it appears in the user library under that synth. Once you've mapped one it serves as the 'template' for saving out additional patches from that plugin. Thumbnails are easy and explained in the info.txt, the only difficulty is sometimes with naming and placement. Saving a few patches is easy but saving a whole bank when there's lots takes patience and work, or if you can script some are doing it that way (but you still need to hand tag I find). Previews are harder and really need some batch scripting with an audio app so only a couple of people have been doing that but we share what we do.

aMUSEd wrote:Well I put that NI Forum sticky thread together to serve as a place for us users to share templates and also share and develop our knowledge of how NKS worked so we could eventually learn enough to replicate how to make NKS compatible plugins since NI were only interested in opening it up to partner developers. So there's a lot in there (start at the front for that) but also there's an info.txt in the repository that explains some of the key things like where to put stuff and syntax for database entries. The way to start though is to map a plugin to the controls and save it as a nksf patch. Then it appears in the user library under that synth. Once you've mapped one it serves as the 'template' for saving out additional patches from that plugin. Thumbnails are easy and explained in the info.txt, the only difficulty is sometimes with naming and placement. Saving a few patches is easy but saving a whole bank when there's lots takes patience and work, or if you can script some are doing it that way (but you still need to hand tag I find). Previews are harder and really need some batch scripting with an audio app so only a couple of people have been doing that but we share what we do.
Thank you! I do know a little Linux scripting (in OSX) but I doubt that would allow me to do what you've explained here. I can see maybe finding a way to automate the audio previews within some program, just not sure which would allow this type of batch processing. I know photoshop has batch capabilities so I might try and set that up for the thumbnails. Is there a way to see where the files MST_artwork.png or VB_artwork.png or OSO_logo.png etc. correspond in the interface?

MST_artwork.png and VB_artwork.png seem to be large and small versions of the thumbnail that appears when in the browser view on the left screen and in the software browser

MST_logo.png is what shows on the right screen as a background image (eg often it's a company logo)

OSO_logo.png is the plugin name that appears in the KK plugin browser (often this is a transparent png of the plugin name - when it's transparent it uses the background colour set in color.json, that also determines the background colour for the right screen behind the preset name text) - VB_logo.png is a smaller version (maybe for Maschine or KK1?)

MST_plugin.png is what shows in the left screen when you switch to plugin view - it's usually a thumbnail of the whole plugin gui

Hi amused Thanks for this :-)
I have a access virus ti snow how can I use your template please ?
I downloaded a file from drop Box

Didn't make one for Snow, I have Desktop

Ok Thanks man

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm Didn't make one for Snow, I have Desktop
Hi, ive just picked up an s61, so im a bit of a noob so still figuring it out, I have a ti2 desktop but when I load an instance of vc into kk it says "no virus ti connected" with a picture of the virus with a stethoscope over it. So just wondering how you get the virus control plugin to work through komplete kontrol, the template with the macros appears, but that's all, they won't talk to each other. Im using Ableton Live 10 btw.
Many thanks.

Thank you Amused! Wonderful!

Hello folks.

Since this seems to be a thread about customising KK with very knowledgeable people, I thought of asking the question here: I have gone a long way into customising the Controller Panel to fit my needs, I managed to reassign, rename and add/delete individual controls and sections but I'm struggling to change the name of the Pages.

The manual is very detailed on everything else but makes no mention of how to do this bit, which leads me to believe it can't be done.

Does anyone know?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”