Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Certainly didn't sound crippled to me. Just a WIP. :)

tehlord wrote:
I'm still already thinking about buying one ( :roll: ) but that's not the point.
Seems like exactly the point :)

pdxindy wrote:
tehlord wrote:
I'm still already thinking about buying one ( :roll: ) but that's not the point.
No, it's not.

tehlord wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
tehlord wrote:
No, it's not.
Maybe for you no, but bet it is for Waldorf... they now have lots of people wanting to buy their synth when they didn't before. Money that I have been considering spending elsewhere is now waiting for the Quantum to be released. Seems like a win for them!

I'm glad Waldorf provided the opportunity to see it and hear it...

EvilDragon wrote:Certainly didn't sound crippled to me. Just a WIP. :)
Exactly that. Anyway for the current status it was working surprisingly stable and the features were working good enough to try programming some sounds and get a good impression how the final synth will work.
The current protoype was MUCH more thn just a "design study".

As mentioned yesterday the current amount of patches is quite small just to show some patches at Musikmesse and both beta testing and official sound design has not started yet.
The final synth should include a minimum of 500 patches but maybe many more. AFAIK this could easily store more than 1000 patches (not sure where the limit will be in the final version).

A lot of work still has to be done with te design of the pages in the touch screen which they just started not long ago (AFAIK less than a month ago). Anyway while this is far from being finished the touch screen already seemed to be quite usable now. The overall quality of the dispay seems to be really good.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
As mentioned yesterday the current amount of patches is quite small just to show some patches at Musikmesse and both beta testing and official sound design has not started yet.
The final synth should include a minimum of 500 patches but maybe many more. AFAIK this could easily store more than 1000 patches (not sure where the limit will be in the final version).
In one of the videos, he mentions that there are 1000 slots for presets...

pdxindy wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
In one of the videos, he mentions that there are 1000 slots for presets...
In the current version maybe but more would be possible. If enough memory is left after adding all features they might increase the maximum amount further. Anyway 1000 memory locations would be alraedy quite a lot (FWIW Blofeld has 1024 in 8 banks with 128 patches each).
Ingo Weidner

Is the Drive in Quantum analog or digital?

Ingo Weidner

Nice, that's the most informative video i watched so far. :tu: And there's also some bass!

well, definitely on my lust list ... but based on that info it'll be close to $4k in the US :( Ouch. Not a price bitch really as that's a loaded synth, it would just probably be out of my range.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

hey, that last video the guy says it is mono aftertouch, but poly via MIDI. Is that poly AT out so you can use it as a Poly AT controller? That would be even more interesting and make me want to start saving up kitchen points.

SJ_Digriz wrote:hey, that last video the guy says it is mono aftertouch, but poly via MIDI. Is that poly AT out so you can use it as a Poly AT controller? That would be even more interesting and make me want to start saving up kitchen points.
The Quantum has a second USB port where you could directly connect MIDi controllers including Poly AT capable controllers. Quantum should be able to receive poly AT but not send it. The Quantum keybord itself as only mono AT so could also only send mono AT from it.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:hey, that last video the guy says it is mono aftertouch, but poly via MIDI. Is that poly AT out so you can use it as a Poly AT controller? That would be even more interesting and make me want to start saving up kitchen points.
The Quantum has a second USB port where you could directly connect MIDi controllers including Poly AT capable controllers. Quantum should be able to receive poly AT but not send it. The Quantum keybord itself as only mono AT so could also only send mono AT from it.
ah, in not out ... that makes more sense. Still in need of those unicorn poly AT controllers.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”