Teenage Engineering: OP-Z

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

iOS for a screen is gimmick anyway.

I like the videos because they show that without a screen the oriention does not matter anymore.
Having the sequencer run from top to bottom or bottom to top or right to left is now easily possible.

I ordered the next day even when they were sold out because i still had one in my shopping cart.
It´s gonna be interesting how that order is going to be handled.

They’re going to magically pull another one out of their ass...

not sure id want to touch one if that's where they come from :scared:

I initially got excited about this but damn, I can't see a use case for me. I know it isn't all about me, and someone probably finds this brilliant. I don't even want to talk anyone out of this, but if you are interested, I would like to know what it is that I am missing? these folks are obviously super smart/talented/able to ship, It seems like they missed the mark here.

Stupid American Pig wrote:I initially got excited about this but damn, I can't see a use case for me. I know it isn't all about me, and someone probably finds this brilliant. I don't even want to talk anyone out of this, but if you are interested, I would like to know what it is that I am missing? these folks are obviously super smart/talented/able to ship, It seems like they missed the mark here.
It’s all about how much you like hardware based step sequencing and/or portability.

I use a lot of elektron gear and like that form of sequencing with Perameter locks etc. This has 6 different synth engines (no doubt more will be added over time), 4 sample playback engines and pretty good fx with with very advanced per note locking and programmable functions etc. It will also control other midi and cv synths with that very advanced step sequencer (a step sequencer like pyramid would set you back almos5 as much as this and it has no sound!)

If you want something small portable. powerful and step sequencer based hardware synth it would be ideal! The OP-1 was 4 track tape based and this wasn’t for everyone....step sequencers are much simpler to use but when you have per note functions, perameter locks and polyrhythms they get quite interesting. Apparently it runs for 20 plus hours and once charged is good on standby for a year...inside jacket pocket, good to go!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Donald Trump wrote:It's going to be our most awesome thing ever

...walks away from thread
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

First Full Video - Very Nice, hopefully just 2 weeks till I get mine in hand (I have the yellow case!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87f_gQ ... e=youtu.be
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So....I had an email saying it would be shipping this week, anyone else waiting for theirs?

Yep!

But I ordered it by a Thomann and have to wait 2 - 3 weeks longer. Please share your first impressions when it´s arrived! :hyper:

acidsmiley wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 pm Yep!

But I ordered it by a Thomann and have to wait 2 - 3 weeks longer. Please share your first impressions when it´s arrived! :hyper:
Thomann is a bit tricky with their delivery times and shouldn't be taken as something definite. During the summer I got this crazy idea to buy myself an OP-1. Thomann pushed the delivery date so many times I cancelled my order and I got a Deluge instead, so all things good at the end - but don't trust Thomanns delivery times.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm
acidsmiley wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 pm Yep!

Thomann is a bit tricky with their delivery times and shouldn't be taken as something definite. During the summer I got this crazy idea to buy myself an OP-1. Thomann pushed the delivery date so many times I cancelled my order and I got a Deluge instead, so all things good at the end - but don't trust Thomanns delivery times.

/C
Good or bad to know...

Unfortunately I can not switch because I used some vouchers to fund the op-z. I can wait another few weeks. I've been waiting for years. :wink:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”