Alesis Photon X25 Firmware help (audio firmware missing in archive on Alesis website)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a long shot but does anyone have the Photon X25 USBfix firmware ,including PhotonX25 firmware1.04.bin file ,or know where I can find it ? (Not Alesis Support pages )

I recently snagged one cheap on E-Bay and after resetting the pitch and mod wheels was happily using it as |MIDI controller/ audio interface on Mac OSX 10.9 .

Over the holidays with time on my hands I decided I weas going to get it to work on Win7 (It just sat there dead with Windows asking for a driver when I first plugged it in ) Googled the unit and learned that I needed to install new firmware to get it to work ... Photon X25 USB fix 1.04
I found the file on Alesis legacy support pages and flashed it (as per advice on forums) on an old XP machine (though I later found after erasing the firmware thinking it hadn't worked) it installed again in Win7 XPSP2 legacy mode.

I enjoyed using it MIDI only (couldn't get audio driver to install) in windows for a few days but when I plugged it back into the Mac the audio had gone, and the unit was no longer recognised In Audio Midi devices ,though still recognised and working as MIDI in Ableton ) .
After much head scratching I reread the
READ ME FIRST PDF included in the Zip file ..Though it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the instructions there was a screenshot which showed Photon X25 firmware1.04.bin file included in the archive ...I'm pretty sure that this file is what's required in order for Core Audio and Generic Win USB Audio/Asio4all to recognise the unit ..
I e-mailed Alesis for help but they just came back with it's an old product and doesn't work past Mac 10.5 or Win Vista ... and I thought my Behringer BCD2000 MP3 DJ mixer was abandonware . :(

Just checked on the Alesis site and it is there.

http://67.192.162.144/products/legacy.php
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Thanks Goseba ,but not meaning to be rude ...if you read the post you will have noticed that I asked if anyone had the missing PhotonX25 firmware 1.04 .bin file (required to enable audio ) which is missing from the zipped USB fix posted on Alesis Site ... I wouldn't be at all suprised if it's been removed because it didn't work , but no way are they going to admit that . Just fob you off with the equivalent of "What do you expect for £250 for us to upgrade the firmware so you can enjoy all it's features for longer than a year ? On your bike !"

I downloaded it before and the bin file is in the zip. PM me your email if you want me to send my download over.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Thanks so much PM sent

Haven't seen mention of this in a while. Always thought Alesis should've put their AirFX sensor on their other synths too.

I snagged it on E-Bay after breaking Akai MPK mini usb connecter and botching soldering a new connection (+5 v straight to the controller chip :( ) . I've got an air Fx and always liked the waving hand in air bit but TBH fx are mostly lame .....It was fullsize keys /transport buttons and the built in audio that won me over from getting the MK 2 MPK Mini ..
Goseba couldn't find drivers he had from back when he owned one, so I would be most grateful if any one else has the USB fix including Photon X25 firemware1.04.bin file (6 files in total) and not the archive on Alesis support which is missing the file which is needsd to re enable audio

HI all,
Over 2 years ago since I posted my requesets for help re Alesis Driver (no sound) several crashes , factory resets and firmware reinstalls later, last week I thought it had died for good .. I had to go into global settings to make anything work and after resetting midi channel noticed on the next "page" that direct monitoring was turned off ( when I updated firmware to get it to work in win7 ).. Doh ! .... I switched it back on and was greeted with familiar ding of new hardware found and the Photon showing up as audio interface in device manager .. hooked it up through Asio4 all and now enjoying 128 sample buffer(5.2 ms latency) twithout pops and crackles and even faster (64) in OSX

So if there is anyone reading this who isn't getting sound check global / P4 Direct Monitor is Enabled :wink:

The Alesis website no longer works and I need the 1.04 USB fix. I'd appreciate if someone could email me a copy of the files required to apply the fix.

Thanks.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
http://2lls.net/Photon%20x25/ (http://2lls.net/Photon%20x25/)

Thanks.

Kermit Jagger wrote:The Alesis website no longer works and I need the 1.04 USB fix. I'd appreciate if someone could email me a copy of the files required to apply the fix.

Thanks.
I would also appreciate if anyone has the Windows drivers for this keyboard, to get MIDI and audio working.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I know this is an old thead, but last week I upgraded my Photon X25 with the USB fix 1.04 and the audio interface is not working anymore.
I asked Alesis support but they're not giving me any solution.
Is there a workaround to make it work again?
Also I would't mind to downgrade to an old version, so, if someone can send me an older firmware package I'll very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance !
Cheers from Buenos Aires.

Hi. I picked up one of these from ebay last month and I was wondering if anyone could share the USB fix 1.04 firmware with me too?

Many thanks.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
In case anyone finds this page looking for the USB fix you can find it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... YOd_2Dsucy (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CKgR2K4_AocN97vRXLLOyGYOd_2Dsucy)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”