Roli Seaboard RISE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So Ive just received my blocks songwriters pack(blocks keyboard, lightblock and loop block) and I have noticed something odd in logic. When I record(and even if I dont touch it) it puts little 'x' events in the piano roll. It also causes the midi window to scroll like mad up and down when I do play. I figured that I need to filter midi events to get this to settle down, but it also seems like maybe something is not right. Anyone else have any tips for use with Logic?

The only time I noticed weirdness in Logic was if I had the Blocks Dashboard app open at the same time. It'll constantly send SysEx to/from the Blocks until you close it. Otherwise, it has worked great for me. Not sure what else to suggest.

Pig, I experienced this as well. These are SysEx messages.

You can either set Logic to filter them out or close the Blocks Dashboard while recording.

That did it. Thanks all. I’m also noticing the blocks looper is interfering with the blocks lightpad. When I change light pad modes, it won’t change to the right mode until I remove the looper block- normal?

Give us an example. It doesn't sound normal.

Also, are you using the BLOCKS Dashboard to change modes or the physical buttons on the Lightpad itself?

Stupid American Pig wrote:That did it. Thanks all. I’m also noticing the blocks looper is interfering with the blocks lightpad. When I change light pad modes, it won’t change to the right mode until I remove the looper block- normal?
Hm, that definitely doesn't sound normal at all. You're using the automatic "Rise" mode that the Songmaker Kit enters when modules are positioned properly (lightpad to the side of seaboard, loop on top of lightpad), correct? And using the three mode buttons on the Lightpad to change Lightpad modes?

Bandaide wrote:Give us an example. It doesn't sound normal.

Also, are you using the BLOCKS Dashboard to change modes or the physical buttons on the Lightpad itself?
Yes- this happens when I change it in the blocks dashboard. I will try with the buttons tonight.

hey all, here is what I see when loop block is detached
lightblocknoloop.jpg
here is with it attached
lightblockwithloop.jpg
and here is what the dashboard says the whole time
blocksdashstatus.jpg
not to mention the looper block will never fully charge even when attached to a high output usb port on my imac pro or an ipad charger... Im thinking a support request is necessary? Ive the latest firmware on all of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Your view with it attached is the Seaboard's automagic "Rise" mode. If you then toggle through the modes via (I think?) the top-left button on the loop block, it'll switch through to the Note mode that your Dashboard is showing. So, that looks normal to me. The "Rise" mode does not show up in BLOCKS Dashboard. Your blocks will only enter that mode when the blocks are positioned in a particular way (Loop block directly above Lightpad, Loop & Lightpad attached on either end of the Seaboard block).

On a side note, in that picture of the Lightpad in "Rise" mode, the three soft-buttons at the bottom represent the three Lightpad modes available in "Rise" mode. The first, as pictured in your screenshot, gives you access to three assignable faders (same as on a Rise). The second gives you direct control over the 5 degrees of expression. The third is an XY that behaves as the XY on a Seaboard Rise (note that there is no Z/pressure here .. unlike the XYZ mode in BLOCKS Dashboard).

As to the charging issue, that does sound like a question to support would be a good idea. They're very responsive and helpful. I've asked them a number of questions about my Songmaker Kit (including stuff about "Rise" mode). FWIW, my BLOCKS charge slowly, but they do charge in a reasonable amount of time from a standard port on my USB hub.

Thanks Naenyn. I will contact roli...

prismprocess wrote:Hi Everyone,

Here goes......
6. Goto Bluetooth tab in WiDi Plus and switch on Seaboard with no USB which should put it in pairing mode (flashing blue light on power button). It should appear almost instantly.
7. Click Connect button.
8. Now at this point is the big gotcha..... I spent an hour I will never get back working this one out. Close WiDi Plus. If you keep it open you cannot use WiDi Bud it in any DAW. It appears but just doesn't work if its still open. In Equator (Standalone), it shows it but won't let you select it........so........once again close WiDi Plus.
9. Now WiDi Plus is shut you can open Equator (this is Standalone) and go to Midi settings. There you can select WiDi Bud so it has a white dot in it. Close the Midi Settings dialog. Load a patch......
:D

In point 9, you said load a patch, do you mean Equator patch ? Pls confirm...thnx
System: Win10 Pro, Asus 2-in-1, Seaboard 49, Bitwig 3, Pro Tools, Babyface

prismprocess wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a ROLI Seaboard Rise 49. This is my first post here and I hope it will be helpful. I use Windows 10 (Creators) and I like it seems many others do, want to use the bluetooth functionality of the keyboard. I contacted ROLI and was told what I already knew from the website, that windows was not yet supported. No indication of when it will be supported either........so.........I don't like waiting, therefore.......

I got one of these.......
http://www.cme-pro.com/widi-bud/
.......because you never know until you try.

:D

I am excited and motivated (see next paragraph with one concern) reading your post about using the widi bud with Roli Seaboard/Equator in Bitwig using win10 64bit. I am about to order it to use with my Rise 49. I have been really itching to get wireless bluetooth connectivity.

One small worry I have is reading about widi bud getting overwhelmed if lots of data is sent together over it. I would like comments on the following from anyone who knows or is aware of this.

And I quote...from https://ticticelectro.com/2017/08/25/se ... are-setup/

"The CME Widi Bud claims to reduce latency compared to a normal bluetooth connection. And sure enough, I did a similar experiment with the Widi Bud and found latency and jitter to be reduced to aprox. 30% of using the built-in ipad bluetooth. Large amounts of midi data makes the Wide Bud choke, however. More than three notes with full expression at once tend to result in hanging notes."
System: Win10 Pro, Asus 2-in-1, Seaboard 49, Bitwig 3, Pro Tools, Babyface

Roli Team wrote: The ability for users to import their own samples into Equator is something our team is working hard on making a reality in the not-too-distant future. It's a feature that's coming in an update!
So, is this possible now?

I had no idea about the sample import. This could make a lot of difference handling sample by full MPE. Can't wait for the update :-)

You can use your own samples now. It was always possible.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”