How can I make my Vst's as "full" as hardware?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 am I run them through about £10k worth of transformer balanced, class a, analogue outboard
:hihi:

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 amDiva in Divine mode through that always lives up to its namesake, when the bits finally pop out of the ATCs and reach my ear/brain/consciousness. :D
Reminds me of a song I haven't heard for ages - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3cGy5_7kE
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:44 am
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 amDiva in Divine mode through that always lives up to its namesake, when the bits finally pop out of the ATCs and reach my ear/brain/consciousness. :D
Reminds me of a song I haven't heard for ages - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3cGy5_7kE
PMed, genuinely wondering why all the put downs?

Ummnn....maybe by using hardware?

Haven't read one damn reply in this silly question of a thread. But might I suggest listening to them through a guitar tube amp instead of crappy pc speakers? Even before synthesizers Ray Charles ran his Rhodes EP through Fender guitar amps. Likewise Vox combos were often run through Vox AC30 guitar tube amps. It's considered part of the equation. So you want to warm up up your cold sterile VSTi.....there ya' go. :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Wow this went from 2012 to 2019. Since its sibling-thread is up, we better necro-revive this one too.

IncarnateX wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 pm Wow this went from 2012 to 2019. Since its sibling-thread is up, we better necro-revive this one too.
You, you, you.

You, you.

You.

You!!!

All about you.

Can I just put your name in my sig? I think it would be cool.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 pm You, you, you.

You, you.

You.

You!!!

All about you.

Eh....your passion is flattering, but I am boringly straight, so it ain't gonna happen..."bro"...or whatever.

I think a mistake people make is thinking that a synth emulation emulates a recorded synth. It doesn't. Just the synth. No classic synth track didn't have a synth running though a mixer, and who knows what was in that channel strip? Was it pushed hard? Then we expect a plugin to emulate that full chain. Silly.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

IncarnateX wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm
revvy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 pm You, you, you.

You, you.

You.

You!!!

All about you.

Eh....your passion is flattering, but I am boringly straight, so it ain't gonna happen..."bro"...or whatever.
It wasn't sexual, I just admire your self-esteem, it's truly an inspiration.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm It wasn't sexual, I just admire your self-esteem, it's truly an inspiration.
Oh..I see...it was "not" sexual, I understand. It was about the "self-esteem" I just exposed very vividly by reviving a thread that is not my own. Yes, I am somewhat a true Dare Devil, ain't I?
Not sexual. Right. Not at all. Got it :wink:

IncarnateX wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm
revvy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm It wasn't sexual, I just admire your self-esteem, it's truly an inspiration.
Oh..I see...it was "not" sexual, I understand. It was about the "self-esteem" I just exposed very vividly by reviving a thread that is not my own. Yes, I am somewhat a true Dare Devil, ain't I?
Not sexual. Right. Not at all. Got it :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVH3IBr_Ipk

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:36 pm I think a mistake people make is thinking that a synth emulation emulates a recorded synth. It doesn't. Just the synth. No classic synth track didn't have a synth running though a mixer, and who knows what was in that channel strip? Was it pushed hard? Then we expect a plugin to emulate that full chain. Silly.
So true. Even worse with guitar amp sims; I've heard people moaning about how they sound nothing like so and so's tone. No, it sounds like an amp, raw and unprocessed. Then they get offended if you say you need to play like so and so too... ;)

GaryG wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:36 pm I think a mistake people make is thinking that a synth emulation emulates a recorded synth. It doesn't. Just the synth. No classic synth track didn't have a synth running though a mixer, and who knows what was in that channel strip? Was it pushed hard? Then we expect a plugin to emulate that full chain. Silly.
So true. Even worse with guitar amp sims; I've heard people moaning about how they sound nothing like so and so's tone. No, it sounds like an amp, raw and unprocessed. Then they get offended if you say you need to play like so and so too... ;)
Or the opposite. I've got a Kemper Amp Profiler, and I always hear, "It doesn't sound like my amp in the room!" Of course it doesn't, because it's a profile of an amp going though a mic at specific settings with a specific guitar. I've spent enough hours in a control room to know how an amp sounds after it's been recorded, and I've always given it a bit of love on the way (EQ, compressor, etc)

I've got a room full of hardware synths that range from the cheap MicroFreak to the upper-mid priced 002r. They all say great, but I have to scratch my head when I read about people who feel software synths need "help." Then help them. Learn basic audio engineering and it'll become clear how to get the sound you desire. It's not brain surgery. That said, software isn't all alike. Find the ones that sound good to you and use them, and don't forget that sometimes a hardware synth is just the thing.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

But the OP was about how a vsti would never sound as good as a virus ti, which only has a hardware box to keep the software from falling on the ground :hihi:

revvy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVH3IBr_Ipk
Huh?

Are you all right...sir?....mam?...miss?

Oh, wait. You answered my post with a vid with someone insistently saying "go on, go on, go on", but it was not sexual, right? Not even close, got it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”