Roland JV-880 Editor Software

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
just bought a Roland JV-880 rack synth today. Has some real nice pads and strings. But programming is a nightmare. Seems that there have been some freeware progs around looong ago in the early ages of the internet. All links are dead. :roll: Does anybody know any editor software for Win XP?

Try here. I'm not sure if it works with the JV-880 though.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

worth trying. i did a cubase mixermap for my old jv880
and it worked fine. sorry, atari only :)
i seem to rememeber that the sysex is the same since the
architecture is..you may find that those editors offer you
a choice of models, so there'll be a difference in the sysex
device ID header depending of which one you're using.
the jv880 is pretty much a cut-down jv1080.

Thx, Timfonie :)
just trying the JVeditW99 but it doesnt seem to work :(
It recognizes the unit number, though, but that's all as it seems. "Get patch" just gets me an endless hourglass. 45 days left for testing....

I used to have one, but I think it ran on Win95 or Win98. I haven't seen one recently.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

try "ChangeIt". can't look up the page location at the moment, but should be easy to find. it's excellent with the 2080 and 1080 and i'm pretty sure it works with the 880.

Basspartout wrote:Thx, Timfonie :)
just trying the JVeditW99 but it doesnt seem to work :(
It recognizes the unit number, though, but that's all as it seems. "Get patch" just gets me an endless hourglass. 45 days left for testing....
Shame there are hardly any properly working editors for old synths and modules anymore. They are mostly not being updated because many people regard these machine as obsolete while there's still a lot of fun to be had with them.

I hope you do find a working JV-editor somewhere.

Here's another one to try: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Chan ... ngeIt.html
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Hi!

If someone could send me the sysex and midi implementation info of the jv-880 (or the whole jv-series) maybe i could try to build something.

Btw. I love the JV sounds myself. Used to have a JV-1080 for a while. Just didn't like it's usability. A real shame there wasn't any working editors for it when i had one.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr, do you mean a windows standalone application? or a plugin?
here are manuals from Roland:
http://www.rolandus.com/support/owners_manuals/?group=4

the 880+1080 are on this page.

i seem to remember sysex was pretty straightforward and worked fine,
although this might have been the one where you had to have a checksum.
the main thing was the sheer number of parameters, and the fact that it
is multitimbral. as i was limited to 128 objects, it meant several mixer
pages, but that won't be a problem now.

not sure how the later models -2080/3080/5080- differ, though.

I've used Roland JV-880's steadily since they came out. Recently, I've been getting error messages on my data card patches (C1 - C64) for one of my JV-880's. I'm unable to load patches to the card from MIDI (another JV 880 or a data filer) but I can load them to the card from the Internal bank of the same JV-880. Error messages include 'Improper Data Card' which (from the manual) requires reformatting of the card. Reformatting doesn't help. Still can't reload the card from outside the machine (MIDI). I think whatever is happening is also corrupting the data on the card. Anyone have ideas how to tackle this problem?

For anyone still looking for a JV-880 editor, my app Patch Base just added and editor/librarian for the JV-880 (and the JV-80). Here's some more information about it:

Patch Base: Roland JV-880 Editor/Librarian: https://coffeeshopped.com/2018/11/rolan ... patch-base

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”