Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No actual pictures, but this was my latest folly.

MM and me have a long history of imperfections and issues, but this one sounded so good, I had to keep it.

Nice looking bass. I think a MM would be what I would go for if I got a 5 string bass.
Sweet child in time...

Just understand, not all bases are created equal. I've been a bassist (er, well, kinda) for about 20 years and I went through a metric ton of basses that played well but didn't "sound" very good. Man, I could buy a new house with that money :cry:

But thanks, the roasted maple neck is sex cubed!

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:11 am Just understand, not all bases are created equal. I've been a bassist (er, well, kinda) for about 20 years and I went through a metric ton of basses that played well but didn't "sound" very good.
unless it was a dan armstrong lucite bass there's pretty much always something that can be done about that :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:11 pm Not a new guitar, but I am going to upgrade the pickups in my PJ bass this weekend.
Nice one, I've been surprisingly satisfied with a Yamaha RBX260.

I recently changed the ceramic magnet pickups on a Squier Stagemaster HSS V.2 MIC for some cheap Alnico humbucker and 2 single coils, sounds better than I could have ever imagined.
This guitar is really decent and a keeper, got it second-hand for £30 and deserves an upgrade.

PS
This Alnico humbucker is a no-brainer alternative to a ceramic type pickups, it's clearer and a has better articulation. Sounds great, especially split clean and full humbucker with crunch and distortion. Packaging has FLEOR on it.

Update - in a HHS configuration with 1 500K pull/push vol, Vol 1 500K tone, the screw coil on when split sounds heavenly, single coils have that definite Strat sound, well happy. :D £20 no-brainer.

Alnico humbucker
single coils
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Forgot to say I also have a nice chunky bridge to put on, with decent saddles. Should be a big improvement over the Fender style 'tray' bridge that's on there now.
Sweet child in time...

My tremolo quest continues.
I've contacted Revelation, asking if I could order a Revelation RJT-60 with a more powerful tremolo, but they didn't get back to me (yet?)
cptgone wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:07 am I'll have to wait 8 weeks approx. for her to be shipped, so I'll get lots of anticipation out of the deal:
Acoustasonic Telecaster
This is turning into a soap :hihi:

Hadn't done my homework properly when I ordered the Fender.

In the meantime, I've decided I prefer nylon strings, and a flamenco guitar.
I've tried to cancel the Fender with Bax, if they agree to refund I'll prolly get this one instead:
https://www.thomann.de/be/cordoba_gk_pro.htm

Thomann's site offers audio samples, both acoustic and through the pickup.
If those are to be trusted, the Yamaha NTX700C I'd been eyeing is no match, DI'ed.
Last edited by cptgone on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some of the more expensive Cordoba guitars are made in Spain.
E.g. this one.

It's either going to be a Suhr, A Guthrie Govan, or an Ibanez AZ.

What I hate about the Ibanez (played one today) is that the SC's are really noisy. But what I hate about the Suhr's are that they don't have the bridge routed. The GG is perfect except it's ugly as sin :lol:

All are really expensive, but must have a roasted maple neck, that is for sure. I need a trem and I like floating (but no locking!)

Well, didn't get to work on the bass today, so maybe one evening this week.
Sweet child in time...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of ceramics. Have three in my Yamaha Variax Standard.... Sounds like a 70's Basement Band Squier copy. Had a Fender Blacktop Tele with two ceramic humbuckers. I was looking for a JB type Tele.

Have ceramics in my Jackson Dinky. HSS. The bridge pup is bearable but the two single coils don't cut it...... I was actually thinking of putting SD "Cool Rails" As that's what I was playing back in the early 90's Brighter not as high output.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

After many years not playing guitar I decided to get an Epiphone version of Gibson Les Paul standard. I figure it's a decent beginners guitar. I bought it today and it's a cherry burst colored one. I just hope I made a good choice. I paid $375 including a hard case.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

That one. Waiting for the order to ship.

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/sha ... 2914105574

That Jackson is really pretty.
ATN69 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 am After many years not playing guitar I decided to get an Epiphone version of Gibson Les Paul standard. I figure it's a decent beginners guitar. I bought it today and it's a cherry burst colored one. I just hope I made a good choice.
You should have picked Fiesta Red :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=7348242#p7348242

cptgone wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:54 pm That Jackson is really pretty.
ATN69 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 am After many years not playing guitar I decided to get an Epiphone version of Gibson Les Paul standard. I figure it's a decent beginners guitar. I bought it today and it's a cherry burst colored one. I just hope I made a good choice.
You should have picked Fiesta Red :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=7348242#p7348242
:lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”