Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I appreciate the offer, Hink. No budget for new guitars at the moment. I got my Variax and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

But that is definitely the kind of thing I'll be looking for the next time I'm shopping for a guitar. :tu:

I hear yah Justin, actually FB marketplace has some good deals up here, especially on amps but since losing Denise disposable cash is at a minimum. (not to worry, part time work on the horizon I hope and Ash has started pitching in a lot which is helping) Meanwhile that silly little Ibanez is bringing me so much pleasure, I think I'll order a 1 meg pot for the Prestige Ibanez because this sound is awesome. The last 5% of the way up on the pot is where it is at, roll off just a little and it like I'm use too, the bite, the edge I like (I'm shite at describing my tone, in my mind it's a thin layer of ice of different shades :oops: ) but that last bit is very organic for lack of a better term, it's open, it's a little more janglely(not much though like some sims) and it feels bigger to me. I really like the orange drop cap, the change is far more dramatic and on this guitar it works great to tame that open tone when wanted.

And it's a 200 dollar guitar (I had the duncan humbuckers, spent another 60 on duncan 1/4 pound)...come to think of it I should do a song (just for me of course) with this guitar and my 300 buck Frenzel tube amp...no better still my sansamp gt2...you know what, I just love that I'm gonna be 60 in 4 months and that last sentence actually still gets me inspired....kinda wish I had of known that 40 years ago though :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

is a nice looking piece for a nice price.

Hink wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 am

And it's a 200 dollar guitar
That's the thing that amazes me these days as well. Inexpensive guitars that sound pretty good and play even better. Granted the last few days of dealing with a jackson branded floyd rose. Trying to set the relief and the action just right has been a bit of a struggle. The pups being ceramic are a tad dark for my tastes but workable. Nonetheless this thing is a humdinger
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Saw a $265 factory second Ibanez RG450 for sale, so grabbed it, and should get it shipped to me by Wednesday next week. The only issue with it is what looks like a very shallow 1" across imperfection in the body behind the bridge with a darkened spot beneath the paint job. I'm guessing a natural imperfection in the wood like a knot or something, but I can certainly live with it, and it's not bad looking at all.

Street price on these is usually $399, it's going to cost me just under $30 in shipping and no tax, so thinking I got a pretty good bargain. Not sure if factory seconds get a set up, but I can do that myself, so that won't cost me anything extra if it plays badly out of the box.
Sweet child in time...

My first fretless :ud:

I have a 5-string Variax bass, but I always wanted a fretless bass too.
Being totally clueless, I looked around and found a video demo of the Hofner classic. But I wasn't prepared to spend €2000+, so I looked elsewhere. Almost bought a cheap 5-string fretless Ibanez - but then I found an even cheaper Hofner clone!

Mailman better hurry :hyper:
https://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton ... series.htm

Left on my wish list:
- a fretless 5-string bass (unless the Beatbass can be played with lower tuning)
- a guitar with tremolo
- a guitar whose aesthetics fit my taste (I have a lovely Ibanez Artstar semi, and a Line6 Flextone II amp with similar looks - very pretty, yet not my thing)
- guitar lessons, lots and lots of them :wink:
- other types of guitar than my semi (got BlueCat Re-Guitar instead)

just nearly bought an encore sg copy and some random warlock copy, 75 quid each
then realised id have to carry them and my weeks shopping home.
impulse buy averted by lack of arms :hihi:

cptgone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm - other types of guitar than my semi
...and then I read a little more, and now I want:
- a Moore / Ranaldo Jazzmaster (both sold out, it seems)
- an Acoustasonic Telecaster

Damn you, Fender :lol:

cptgone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 pm
- a Moore / Ranaldo Jazzmaster (both sold out, it seems)

Damn you, Fender :lol:
Look at a Revelation RJT-60 6 string. I've got the 12 string version - superb guitar and verrrry cool looking. Lots of options with the additional pickup switch thing. Cheap!

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-60/

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm just nearly bought an encore sg copy and some random warlock copy, 75 quid each
then realised id have to carry them and my weeks shopping home.
impulse buy averted by lack of arms :hihi:
You put food before guitar purchases? Dude, you need to review your priorities...
Sweet child in time...

I did that before....

For a time I was without a car. Bought an Ovation 12 string and carried it home. Six mile walk with a backpack filled up with food. It didn't come with case so I bought a strap and played it all the way home. A serious troubadour was I.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

well neither was anything special worth not eating for
the warlock im pretty sure had had a neck replacement, the headstock looked more like a gibson shape.
im sure if i was interested they'd both be there monday and theres a taxi rank outside the door :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:20 pm Look at a Revelation RJT-60 6 string.
Ooh, tempting! Thanks dt :)

When a man reaches a certain age, no longer is he slave to shallow consumerism. It's nice to be in power, and reduce one's footprint.

Until one comes across that 7,5% coupon, of course.

Then you're left feeling like a rich American showing off with an expensive camera everyone knows he cannot handle.

I'll have to wait 8 weeks approx. for her to be shipped, so I'll get lots of anticipation out of the deal:
Acoustasonic Telecaster

I was tempted by its promise of a tru-ish acoustic sound. I started out an a classical nylon-string, and I really like that sound. It wasn't as easy to play as an electric, so I'm looking forward to get best of both worlds, and record easily. To me, the Fender looks like the guitar I wanted when I bought my semi-acoustic... I'm also hoping, in case I do get to play more from now on, the Fender will entice me to learn how to fingerpick again (I used to love the sound of fingernail-picked notes - but I have a Roli Seaboard, so I'll have to keep my nails short anyway). And it can't hurt to have a single coil guitar. I wonder what it will sound like when Re-Guitar'ed to acoustic :wink:

I'm curious where this will leave my Ibanez semi, in the long run.

Still waiting patiently for my eBay purchase scheduled for delivery Wednesday. This is what I'll be getting:

Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”