Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:38 pm i bet these are fairly light...

I know its cousin.
https://youtu.be/Hbyg0d1njk0
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

i lost men in the tonewood wars, good men :(

Would like one of these Casimi Guitars, but seeing as they start at around £30k, is never gonna happen...

for 30k i want something i can live in.

Deep Purple wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:24 am I'm thinking maybe putting a P-Rails in the neck position and replacing the standard bridge pickup with a stacked vintage. I use my volume and tone a lot while I'm playing, so I'm not too concerned about any slight mismatching.

How did you wire the P-Rails? I'm still wondering whether I should try to get the rails in parallel or just go for a 3-way sound. I looked at Triple Shots, but think they might be a bit fiddly, so want to think about a 3-way DPDT switch for the P-Rails. Hopefully it will be pretty easy to wire - I'm assuming a 500k pot for the P-Rails?
yes 500k but I might try a 1 meg at some point, I used on/on/on toggles...same as triple shots but not if you know what I mean, I went with banana style toggles from stew mac :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:yes 500k but I might try a 1 meg at some point, I used on/on/on toggles...same as triple shots but not if you know what I mean, I went with banana style toggles from stew mac :)
I guess I could try 500k and 1M would be an option if things don't seem right.

I was thinking of an on/on/on toggle at first, but would like to get all 4 modes out of one without triple shots, as I listened to a few YouTube videos and like the parallel humbucker sound. The SD site has the on/on/on toggle switch wiring diagram, but I guess I'll have to figure out how to use a couple of toggle switches to get all 4 modes.
Sweet child in time...

I ended up getting one of these (Gear4music 'Seattle' short scale bass). For £90 it's bloody outstanding. Had to set it up a bit by upping the action slightly - it wasn't badly set up, just that like most basses. it was set up for wankers who only play single notes using fingers (and probably bob their heads like pigeons in time... :hihi: ) and not for those who like to pretend to be Peter Hook or Lemmy. It also weighs about 1/3 of the 'Jim Reed' bass, is a Jaguar type shape, and is black. Marvellous.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Jackson Dinky is working out just fine I'm still loving it, just wish I had the time to play. I too had to do a neck adjustment. And yes it's a Floyd Rose double locking system that I've been giving a full workout so.... Have to re-tune it every 4 songs.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:44 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:38 pm i bet these are fairly light...

I know its cousin.
https://youtu.be/Hbyg0d1njk0
A funny thing about the assembly..... Ernie Ball and specifically the Alvin Lee model say that the tone wood comes mostly from The top of the body between the bridge and the neck Ergo if he's using the same assembly that he fits into the wings you are not getting the full effect of the tonewood.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

finally put iron to solder on that guitar my son gave me, so to recap, duncan TB-4 bridge, 1/4 lb middle and SH-2N neck, orange drop cap and a 1 meg pot with 5 way wired

(sorry for pic size)

My 1st 1 meg pot, very cool. I like the orange drops on passive pups and have one in my baritone as well. This is a 200 dollar guitar, I also have a very nice Ibanez Prestige that is wired the same way with Ibanez pups (never been modded which is the only guitar I have ever owned that I can say that about) and the truth is this guitar is pretty damn nice. No, it does not have the wizard neck nor a locking nut tremolo, but it does have a nice thin neck and it plays very nice. The body is basswood, the paint job is nice but not nitro which I am ok with. I suspect one day I will get better machine heads for it as the ones on this are kinda cheap but they did keep the tuning when i t had the stock springs on it, I got it on xmas and have played it a lot without even changing the strings (even recorded a short piece), now of course it has new strings too.

This guitar will stay tuned to Eb-Bb-Eb-G-Bb-Eb in all likelihood (I really like the 4th position neck south plus middle single coil fwiw) :tu:

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

25 pickups on one guitar :o

i do like the white stripes colour theme though :tu:

Sweet child in time...

not for me but someone up here is selling this modded antique

$350

1961 Silvertone (made by Danelectro) EMG humbuckers, Gibson tune-o-matic bridge, Grover Turner's, active electronics. Price is firm. Comes with a quality hand crafted case

Wow, that looks kinda cool.
I used to play a Danelectro bass. It had really high action, which I liked in a bass at the time. It was also extremely light.

justin3am wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:55 pm Wow, that looks kinda cool.
I used to play a Danelectro bass. It had really high action, which I liked in a bass at the time. It was also extremely light.
I'd be the middleman if you like Justin, I wouldn't mind an early spring ride up there t try it out :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”