Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

resynthesis wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 pm Look for rosewood fingerboard rather than neck (although a lot of companies use alternatives these days)
yeah. thats what i meant. rosewood finger boards. not neck.

this helps.

https://www.fender.com/articles/tech-ta ... is-for-you
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

tapper mike wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am This.. Should be arriving today.

It's here.
Just needs a slight neck adjustment and it will be right as rain. Not quite Ferrari red. Very red though.

Surprisingly the neck is not as thin as I anticipated. Still plays great. Also not as light as one would expect. Again still plays great with a sturdy but not to heavy feel. I have zero complaints. The fretwork is better than expected no sharp edges even all down the line.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Have fun!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

telecode wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 pm I was thinking of getting a Malaysian Blackwood Tele. I dont have anything with P-90s and I like the look of it. But I haven't go it yet. But I only play rosewood necks. Plus, I have too many guitars and should really get rid of at least one to make room. :-(

I had a Squire Custom P90 Special II, I think it was called. It was pretty good for a €269 guitar, after a fret dress and setup. I sold it when I got my SG Classic. I.Had.Too.Many.Guitars! :help:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

A third of the way to saving for my dream Lowden. F50c African Blackwood and Alpine Spruce with cutaway, bevel, and figured maple neck. Back in a year when I'm two thirds of the way there...

:tu:

I've thought of selling my Martins to get either a Lowden or a Collings, but I manage to talk myself out of it.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I think you'd regret it, Martins and Collings have that very well known American acoustic guitar sound, Lowdens sound completely different. You need both. :)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:51 pm I think you'd regret it, Martins and Collings have that very well known American acoustic guitar sound, Lowdens sound completely different. You need both. :)
My wife has asked me to put you on ignore..... :lol:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

resynthesis wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 pm Look for rosewood fingerboard rather than neck (although a lot of companies use alternatives these days)
A little background on the reason companies needed to find rosewood alternatives...
If you travel internationally, rosewood is now covered by the CITES regulations, and you will need proper documentation (basically a "guitar passport") or risk getting your axe confiscated by customs:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/how-cit ... in-guitars

Yeah, I was gonna mention that. I don't know what I'll have to do should I/we ever move back to Canada. I can ship a guitar within the EU no problem, though.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 pm I was thinking of getting a Malaysian Blackwood Tele. I dont have anything with P-90s and I like the look of it. But I haven't go it yet. But I only play rosewood necks. Plus, I have too many guitars and should really get rid of at least one to make room. :-(

I had a Squire Custom P90 Special II, I think it was called. It was pretty good for a €269 guitar, after a fret dress and setup. I sold it when I got my SG Classic. I.Had.Too.Many.Guitars! :help:
I already have a Tele, but for some time I've been thinking of changing out the neck pickup for a PAF or a P90. Wouldn't ever change the bridge pickup, but I've never really found the standard Tele neck pickup that useful.
Sweet child in time...

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:40 pm Yeah, I was gonna mention that. I don't know what I'll have to do should I/we ever move back to Canada. I can ship a guitar within the EU no problem, though.
Not 100% on this but I think you can get a certificate if the instrument is for personal use. As I remember (perhaps incorrectly) there is a dispensation for amounts of restricted material <10kg

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:28 am
Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 pm

I already have a Tele, but for some time I've been thinking of changing out the neck pickup for a PAF or a P90. Wouldn't ever change the bridge pickup, but I've never really found the standard Tele neck pickup that useful.
Yeah. i like the weight and balance of the tele more than a strat. each is good in its own way.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:28 am I already have a Tele, but for some time I've been thinking of changing out the neck pickup for a PAF or a P90. Wouldn't ever change the bridge pickup, but I've never really found the standard Tele neck pickup that useful.
I have a Squire Vintage Modified Tele series - with widerange Fender humbuckers, yes the real ones - really nice, especially in neck.

The deluxe version has two humbuckers, and mine has a Seymour duncan design in bridge, so can't say about bridge position.

The full guitar though needs bridge replacement of 6 pieces, or I just can't get intonation right.

But Fender wide range humbuckers pickups, really nice....

The one thing I really like about a Tele sound is the standard bridge pickup, and at least 90% of the time I play it that's the pickup I use. The neck pickup doesn't really cut it for me, and if I want a single coil neck sound I'll switch to my Strat. I have played a Tele deluxe before, and thought that I'd like that neck sound but wish it had the standard bridge pickup.

I ordered some more solder the other day to work on another project, so maybe it's time I sorted out my Tele...
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”