Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

werp wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:28 pm my wife knows I wouldn’t be me without the guitars. we’ve been together since 1984.
My wife, too. She is a musician as well, so she does understand. I pushed her a bit too far, though, in realizing my adolescent fantasy of a room full of guitars. All of my guitars are players and make me happy. I can have 2 or 3 out for a while, and then when I put them away and bring out a few more, it's like I have a whole other collection, if that makes sense, especially when I haven't played them for a while.

I have 17 now, I think, and they're all keepers. :)
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Mine too, she must have seen me staring at an earlyish PRS for a while 'cos it suddenly arrived on my doorstep. I'm a lucky lad

Whoops..didn't do the quotation bit, sorry Mike.
Aussie builder, goes by the name of O'Donnell Guitars possibly O'Donnell Custom Guitars. That one was built for one of the NAMM shows but I forget which one. It appeared there for a few years and never was for sale despite ludicrous offers. I happened to score it when Craig (O'Donnell) was landed with a 15K bill for transporting his guitars to NAMM again. I was very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. Rosewood neck, flamed Koa fretboard, mahogany bod with a 23mm 5A Canadian maple cap, Ebony knobbage and faceplate. 50's profile neck with a S/D hotrod set. It was Craigs favourite build (might still be). I have three of his ladies. The mahogany on this one is now a restricted timber. it's the real deal and eats my gibsons really. :-)
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

My other half is a medical doc. I have been many things but not much at all now. I was hit by a truck quite some time ago and the bod has slowly been falling to bits despite some much needed surgical intervention.

and I did it ..or rather didn't do it again...sorry Bombadil...I've been playing of facebook for too long.

If I was really savage on myself I could probably get by with 9 or 10...who the hell am I trying to kid?

Lol. I've played that game. How few could I cope with? Perhaps 11 or 12. It would be almost like getting rid of some of my children. I went nuts for about 10 years on guitar buying because A) the cash was available, and B) I'm not getting any younger. No point in waiting until I was too old and arthritic or whatever. Now, my wife and I spend our disposeable income on traveling, again before I am too decrepit to do so. It makes me happier than another NGD.

There's about 5 or 6 that would hurt like Hell to give up. My Martins, Lakewoods, and Hanikas (latter 2 are German makes) I doubt I'd ever voluntarily part with.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Not a guitarist, would love to play, and if I did it would be one of these... Looks lovely

https://reverb.com/news/gibson-reissues ... l-les-paul

It's never too late to have a happy childhood. :hyper:
-Henry A. Wallace

https://reverb.com/au/item/16465705-gib ... w.ds&pla=1

White Buckethead oversize Gibson LP w/- radio buttons

This is a heavenly entity imo
Maybe one day I could get one

"new" 1991 case queen arrived this afternoon. G&L ash bodied semi-hollow ASAT z3. The only marks on it are my finger prints. Action/string height/relief are good. Never been intonated by the look of it. I'll attend to that the next time my brain works properly. Next March I guess. Very sensitive to volume changes, enjoying it. The only offputting thing is that with the 3 tone (nitro) finish and the f-hole, is that it looks like it plays both kinds of music...

Yesterday saw me swapping the electronics out of the recently purchased tokai talbo blazing fire (sss model). The pickups were replaced by the Fishman Fluence set for Strat. All went well with no issues. Re-assembly saw the painless installation of the 9 volt battery set up and strings (elixir nanowebs). Now it really is Blazing Fire!. Happy as a snake in a bowl full of custard...

GAS strikes! I wanted one of the burst models, but they are sold out at both places where I've seen them for sale.

Fender XII 12 string electric, Ltd Ed. They're going fast, so I thought I had better grab one. I've wanted one for ages. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

EDIT: Looks like I got their last unit! Hope it isn't the runt of the litter.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tradit ... ImVuIn0%3D
-Henry A. Wallace

They'll pull it off the market and re release in a year or two with some slight modifications. That's the fender marketing strategy.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”