Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep prior to Gibson buying Epiphone Epi's were very pretty and played extremely well. Even after the purchase for many years Epi's were a wonderful value and made at the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo. Those guys wouldn't let a bad guitar go out the door. That all changed even before the Kalamazoo shop closed when Gibson started outsourcing Epi's abroad.

You can put all the pride in workmanship you want but if the design is flawed it's all stop.
The rise of Ibanez didn't start with rg's or even rs guitars. It started with lawsuit guitars. The design of the neck, head stock makes a huge impact on the play-ability of the instrument. That and quality components (nut, frets, bridge) along with standards in tolerance.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I've gone and bitten the retro Jaguar stylee jangly bullet. Had them in stock here, coming Saturday..

https://www.musiccentre.co.uk/product/r ... ric-guitar

These two ladies came out of the Gibson factory at Parsons Street, Kalamazoo...

Made by "the old guys" who didn't want to be a part of Gibson's new vision of corporatized,computerized,machine made guitars...

These were a custom build and trust me,they took their own sweet time to put them together...

I'd ring up to check on how things were going and they would say things like,"JP's not in today...He's out fishing on the lake." :party:

The second one took even longer because they weren't happy with the back,so they put another back together for me...

The coolest thing about these girls is that the tops and the backs are hand carved and tap tuned,like the best fiiddles and this is one of the most important elements of any acoustic archtop instrument...

The top and the back have to work together like bellows,so that they are pushing and pulling equally...physically and tonally...

They told me that there was an "old guy" who had worked at Gibson for years,who used to come down to the factory and do that job whenever any tap tuning was required...

Finding an old school artisan in today's world is almost priceless...

I've owned many top quality guitars over the years including some fine archtops and I still have a few nice boxes hanging around...If I had to choose a desert island guitar,it would be one of these girls...

The second one arrived when i was in Los Angeles,so I went down to California Vintage Guitars and played it alongside a 1962 D'Angelico New Yorker which had a silly asking price...

My brand new "out of the box" Sweet 16 blew the D'Angelico away and the guys couldn't believe it...it was quite amazing to hear the difference...

Another guy in Los Angeles who also had a Heritage artist deal and a couple of their boxes,played that same guitar and then sent his Sweet 16 back to them and said,"Please make me another one !" :wink:

I'm not sure that the "new" Heritage is making guitars quite like this anymore,but I was fortunate enough to have picked them up when the world at Parsons Street was not being run by the suits :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No auto tune...

Tidy :tu:

Yeah, about Heritage.
They couldn't keep up with demand and it was a pretty penny. They used to do dog and pony shows (tours of the facility) where you could pick out the wood to be used on your instrument. I cried when I played a Super Kenny Burrell. It was so stunning in tone and appearance. I was in tears because there was no way I could afford it.

That as you may know has all changed. Previously Heritage was owner operated. All the employees had a stake in the company. They felt that it lacked direction so they opted out looking for a new owner (as you may already know). When the new owners came in instead of highering more staff and helping to clean up the shop...
They wanted to:
  • Outsource the labor
  • Change the product lineup
But they still wanted to keep senior staff on. Well Everyone at the top hated it and walked out.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I got those two guitars as an artist deal when Heritage was owner operated...

They were different times and that's why I was referring to "the suits"...the bean counters :(

In those days,they really took their time to make great guitars...

I'm very grateful that they made me those instruments because they really are "sweet"...

Their names are "Harmony" and "Melody" and that's very apt :wink:
No auto tune...

Stunning,
I've been watching Rich Serverson videos about these guitars.

pops head in, looks around, notices the new curtains, pops out again.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Always good to see you Werp

Just acquired from Cash Converters, £29.99, Yamaha FG-401, after selling an Alesis SR-16.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I would have given a report on the Revelation Jaguar style 12 string, but it seems that Yodel can't be arsed delivering it. Twats. :x

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 pm I would have given a report on the Revelation Jaguar style 12 string, but it seems that Yodel can't be arsed delivering it. Twats. :x
jaguar as in fender/squire offset?
12 string :o

im thinking about the jag, i want a tremolo arm. i prefer the sound to the jm and the look of them to the strat.
although, the ed obrian strat is still bloody tempting :cry:

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 pm I would have given a report on the Revelation Jaguar style 12 string, but it seems that Yodel can't be arsed delivering it. Twats. :x
They will most probably call when you're out or in the bath/shower.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:57 pm
They will most probably call when you're out or in the bath.
when hes out then, they don't do sunday night deliveries :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:55 pm
jaguar as in fender/squire offset?
12 string :o

im thinking about the jag, i want a tremolo arm. i prefer the sound to the jm and the look of them to the strat.
although, the ed obrian strat is still bloody tempting :cry:
Aye,

This bastard;

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-6012/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”