Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Too rich for my blood. I've played one Lowden, and it was beautiful. However, for the price of one of them, I have 3 Martins, which I am more than happy with.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Yeah, I just want something British and handmade as opposed to CNCd in the States. But that's what is gonna cost me and mean I have to save for so long! :)

Off to UK for holiday soon, and hoping to visit Peach Guitars and Coda music, as they have about 75 Lowdens in stock between them.

Don't drool on any of them!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I didn't know there was a Lowden electric now - even comes stock with one of my favourite pups!

I'll try not to drool! :)

Saw Ed Sheeran play the Lowden electric in Paris a couple of weeks ago. He only plays Lowdens now. TBH I think the electric is Futt Bugly, but that's just me.

It reminds me of the Taylor electric, which I don't mean as a compliment. The pickup "rings" are extremely cool, though. Are they glued in? Can the pickups be changed? What happens when one of them eventually stops working?

With regards to hand built guitars I'd sell my soul for a Victor Baker guitar... Most notably this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxrIqokn05k&t=303s
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I had Victor build me a few 7 strings a while back when he was in PA and I was living in Nashville..

He's a great builder and a great guy...

He built me 5 in total and I went over to Philly a few times...

One was disaster,another one Fed X delivered to the address across the road from him and left it on the doorstep ! That was an insurance job...Another one I sold to a friend...

I still have one stored away,but it's identical twin was stolen when some low life scum broke into my studio and took the best of everything...

I lost a truckload of fine toys....literally...and I was not insured....

I'll post some pics later if you like....

VB knows how to put together a fine archtop :wink:
No auto tune...

Saturday night early sunday I bought a Bluetooth speaker. I get home carry a few things up to my apartment, stop for a few minutes check emails etc Maybe 15 minutes pass. Go back to the car and it's gone. I'd left the car door unlocked. First time in 25 years of living in Wixom. Kicking myself for not taking the time to secure the car.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

16 years old and I was late for my job pouring beer at the local concert stadium (Irvine Meadows Amphitheater). I went straight there from band rehearsal and had my bass sitting out in the open in the front seat. Guess who locked the car but forgot to roll up the passenger seat window? Yup, it was gone when I got back. The $4.25 per hour I made that night didn't do much to help alleviate the pain.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:I'll try not to drool! :)

Saw Ed Sheeran play the Lowden electric in Paris a couple of weeks ago. He only plays Lowdens now. TBH I think the electric is Futt Bugly, but that's just me.
I like ugly - I play an old Ovation UK II quite a bit :D

Here you go Tapper Mike..

Memphis and Manny were identical twins...

The VB7's were really tax deductible show ponies,but they played great too :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No auto tune...

Oh my...

Here's another shot for the lovers of women's curvaceous backs and necks..

These were two high quality dames,but they weren't really working girls :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No auto tune...

Getting back on topic...

My next guitars are going to be some chambered Teles with a few twists...

I like single piece mahogany bodies with a HQ tung oil finish and Warmoth maple boatnecks with ebony fingerboards and stainless steel frets...1 3/4" nuts...

I have the parts for 5 or 6 of these guitars and all that needs to be done is for the bodies to be cut out and then have them put together...

Well,I also need to ship a few bits and pieces because at the moment they are in a few different places around this globe...

The bodies will be 50 mm thick and the tops will be two piece and either 8 or 10 mm thick to minimise any feedback with no bracing...I got some beautiful Alaskan Englemann spruce for the tops...

Tapped Dimarzio low gain humbuckers with a Gibson type 3 way toggle switch,rear mounted tone and volume controls (Bourns pots) and American standard bridge plates with Graphtech Ghost saddles and a stereo output jack for the split signal...External preamp for the Ghost system...

Schaller machine heads and American standard bits and pieces...

I like strings through the body and inline at the headstock because it seems to pull everything together...

These will be great working guitars....

It's amazing to think that all of those years ago,that Leo hit a home run with his first electric guitar design :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”