Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
generalstargazer wrote:I think this is the wrong forum to talk about guitars.
I think it's definitely the right forum for guitars considering how many very experienced and knowledgeable guitarists are regulars here.
Are you sure? After all he's been here nearly a whole 5 months, he must be pretty much an authority on KVR by now. :roll:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
robojam wrote:
generalstargazer wrote:I think this is the wrong forum to talk about guitars.
I think it's definitely the right forum for guitars considering how many very experienced and knowledgeable guitarists are regulars here.
Are you sure? After all he's been here nearly a whole 5 months, he must be pretty much an authority on KVR by now. :roll:
You know, you're absolutely right - I didn't notice that he had a post count that had reached the hundreds!

I think my next instrument will be a Tele . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:I think my next instrument will be a Tele . . .
I'd recommend an LCD flat screen...

robojam wrote:
i think this is the wrong forum for smart-alecky jokes...

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
robojam wrote:
i think this is the wrong forum for smart-alecky jokes...
:lol:

My next (and last for a long time) is arriving sometime tomorrow morning :D :tu:

A Skylark acoustic roundback electro-classical http://www.skylarkguitars.com/skylark-r ... 194-0.html I'd had my heart set on the non electric version for a while as I :love: the idea of a all wood roundback, but the £69 difference between that and the electric persuaded me to go for the latter as it seems pups for nylon strung guitars can be a tad expensive. £311 inc hard case and delivery seems a good buy imo, tho' time will tell.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Ian B wrote:My next (and last for a long time) is arriving sometime tomorrow morning :D :tu:

A Skylark acoustic roundback electro-classical
Now I envy you big time :hail: , for your ability to get along with nylons. :tu:
Unfortunately I don't, never did and never will. :(
And there's a lot of music played on nylon strings I really enjoy, some spanish and a lot of tex-mex and real mexican tunes.
Do yourself a favour and check out Joe Ely's "Letter To Laredo" for a grear example, Ely on steel string, Grissom on electric and steel string and especially Dutch flamenco guitarist Teye, all three together make those songs come alive beautifully ... :love:
Check out "Gallo Del Cielo" or the title track for example.
Sorry for the OT,
susiwong
Last edited by susiwong on Tue May 11, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

susiwong wrote:
Ian B wrote:My next (and last for a long time) is arriving sometime tomorrow morning :D :tu:

Now I envy you big time :hail: , for your ability to get along with nylons. :tu:
Unfortunately I don't, never did and never will. :(
And there's a lot of music played on nylon strings I really enjoy, some spanish and a lot of tex-mex and real mexican tunes.
Do yourself a favour and check out Joe Ely's "Letter To Laredo" for a beautiful example, Ely on steel string, Grissom on electric and steel string and especiDutch flamenco guitarist Teye, all three together make those songs come alive beautifully ... :love:
Check out "Gallo Del Cielo" or the title track.
Sorry for the OT,
susiwong
You might not eny my abiity to get along with them, I haven't played one for about 35 years :shock: This guitar is a real shot in the dark on my part and could well turn out to be a mistake :oops: tho' I'm really hoping not.

Thanks for the recommended listening, but for now, probably the last thing I need is hearing how they could/should be played :hihi:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

susiwong wrote:

Ian wears these? :-o

:D :hihi: :D

What is the indestructible plastic guitar which Jack White and young Jack White jump up and down on in It Might Get Loud? I want one.

I already have a Stratocaster, Telecaster, Les Paul with humbuckers, Les Paul with P-90 pups, a japanese Hofner copy and a Ibanez R540.

My next one will be an 335-style Jazz guitar and then an western or dreadnought acoustic guitar and then my whole guitar palette will be pretty much covered.

I've been playing for over 25 years and I don't think my collection is impressive or anything, they just stuck along the way... but it is very satisfying to have guitars to choose from when you want to fill a certain spot in the mix.

I always suggest younger guitarist, or any other musicians, to make a 20-year plan.. slowly and gradually build your setup. Like with just 80€ a month put aside for gear (earned from gigs, teaching or something music related, like selling mixtapes etc) you'd have about 20.000€ worth of gear in 20 years in your home studio. Not bad, huh?

oBEATz wrote:Next guitar? Oh, c'mon... this never ends, don't remind me bout that.
I just recently been searching for a good Fender Telecaster but couldn't get my hands on that much guitars. So I tried a Diego Telly - that was better than every Fender I touched till then. So it was not a big step to make from Diego to Duesenberg and grabbed a Starplayer TV that just blew me away. No Telly... totally differnt guitar, so I had to sleep one more night to be sure I really wanted that Starplayer - and bought it the next day.
But like I already mentioned... it doesn't to be the end of the line. I am addicted to guitars! Currently I am getting more and more interested in Gibson Firebird IIIs. Ever tried to get your hands on one of those? Only 60ies made around oO. So even if could afford a Firebird I still had no Telly and so the whole thing starts again.
So I really don't want to think about guitars anymore. I should do some more picking and tuning the ones I already have :?

Cheers,
Ope
It's weird. I have severe G.A.S. when it comes to synths and processors, but I rarely think about buying a new guitar. My first "real" guitar was a Rickenbacher 320 reissue. After I got better I didn't really like it and I traded it for a G&L Skyhawk (in 1980) that I still have.

In 1992 I got a Steinberger and that became my main workhorse guitar.

and 5 years later I got a Steinberger Q Bass. They must be really rare as I couldn't find a pict on line. Cool looking bass though. Anyway, I never think about getting a new one or trading one in. :shrug: I'm set.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yeah. As much as that charvel had sex appeal, I just decided I've got what I need and the trem would just get in my way (literally)

So the PRS se and the strat are the deal. I might get another pick guard and mount a different set of pickups, but the guitar will indeed stay stock. And I've decided that is that!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”