New Unitor8/AMT8 Preference Pane

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi, I want to let everyone know about a new application that I wrote. I hope this is the correct forum to share this in.

The Unitor 8 Preference Pane (http://www.potm.org/software/Unitor), allows you to configure the settings of the Emagic Unitor 8 USB midi interface. Very soon it will work with the AMT8 as well as multiple chained units!!

Current Features (version 0.8.0)
* a 3rd-party, modern, preference pane replacement for the Unitor 8 Control application.
* 32 configurable and nameable I/O patches
* Copy, paste, and initialize patches
* Set LED brightness
* Configure midi messages for footswitch or audio click input

Features Coming Soon:
* Configure VITC and SMPTE timing profiles
* Configure computer and patch mode message filters
* AMT 8 supoprt
* Support for up to 8 chained Unitor8's and AMT8's in any combination

System Requirements:
* OS X 10.5+
* At least one Unitor8 or AMT8 (recommended version > 2.x.x for now)

Cost:
FREE

its about 15 years now where you have posted your version of a preference pane...

i hope that you are still on Kvr and can help me to understand the last 5% that i need to understand the computermode!

can you please point me the right direction what to check and what to uncheck...

i just want the unitor 8 „midiinput8“ to be the masterclock that sends his clock to all the other „midioutputs“

i have a expert sleepers usamo that i want to connect to „midiinput8“
and a masterkeyboard that should send to „midiinput 6“

can you please help me?

i have the unitor 8 mk2
mac high sierra
potm

need to know how to check or uncheck the „numbers“ and what „rows“ i need to check or uncheck.

thanks for helping

Wow, it's been 10 years since I sent that original message! Happy Pref Pane Anniversary.

The check boxes you are referring to are only valid when the device is in Patch Mode. Think of each output being able to be connected to each input. Whenever a box is checked that intersection of an input and output means that they are connected. When the box is not checked, there is no connection.

When you are in computer mode, all routing is expected to be performed by your DAW. The device does nothing. In fact, the entire preference pane is mostly useless when you use the device with a computer attached. The only items there of any potential use are the message filters, the ability to alter LED brightness, and configuration of the foot switch.

Further explanation of Patch Mode and Computer Mode with a little history lesson:

Back when this device was created, computers were very bulky and you would have to have a lot of money to ensure that your computer survived the rigors of traveling. Most musicians didn't use a computer for live performance, they would setup their rig to be independent of a computer. That is what Patch Mode is for. It allows the Unitor8 and AMT8, and MT4 to route messages without a computer.

As soon as you connect a USB cable and send a midi message over it, the devices switch to Computer Mode. In this mode all internal routing is disabled and cannot be used. Remember this is the company that made Logic, so they expected you to use Logic to route all your messages, and Logic had some of the most advanced message routing of any DAW of its time.

My recommendation is the you just use your computer attached over USB and not really worry about Patch Mode. It won't ever get in your way unless you press and hold the Patch/Panic button on the front of the Unitor8 or AMT8. If you are sequencing from your computer, then you should never press/hold the Patch button.

Hope that helps,
Kurt
Unitor 8 Preference Pane

Hi Kurt!

I'm still running 10.5.8 on a 32bit PPC G4. Could you possibly make the old version (0.8?) which worked on OS X 10.5 available again in the download section of your website (and if that matters: at own risk and without support is fine). Thanks a lot!

Kind regards
Christian

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”