V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, i found a press release from January saying that Harman had bought SM Pro Audio...

http://www.mixonline.com/news/news-arti ... dio/423483

So we know what happened to the company...

Yeah i've seen them on gearstation at 189 AUD which make it at 133 euros for me, nice !

i like these little hybrid units like this (or the logidy epsi, for ir loader)
i just hope i won't have digital noises like some have on their v machine

if you try thoses Lepou plugins on your v machine keep me informed, if you will

[quote]Yeah i've seen them on gearstation at 189 AUD which make it at 133 euros for me, nice !

i like these little hybrid units like this (or the logidy epsi, for ir loader)
i just hope i won't have digital noises like some have on their v machine

if you try thoses Lepou plugins on your v machine keep me informed, if you will[/quote]

Tom, the other night I downloaded the LePou plugins and imported the one called "Hybrit" into the VFX (the program that manages the V-machines plugins) library. Not only did VFX quickly accept the plugin, afterwards I saw that in my list of plugins in the library it added "(fx)" to the name (i.e., "Hybrit (fx)" instead of just "Hybrit").

I have yet to transfer this plugin into the V-machine and try it but since things unfolded so smoothly as described above -- especially VFX instantly recognizing that this was an effect, not an instrument VST -- I'd say that it is a safe bet that the LePou plugins should be all compatible.

I'm just mentioning this in case you wanted to buy the machine sooner rather than later. Once I actually run the Hybrit from the machine and get it to work I will post an update.

paulkeys12599 wrote:I should mention that Gearstation.com.au is blowing them out for 189 AUD (about $135).
We sell it for $129 USD and we're in the US:

www.jrrshop.com/sm-pro-audio-v-machine

[quote]We sell it for $129 USD and we're in the US:
http://www.jrrshop.com/sm-pro-audio-v-machine
[/quote]

Is that the 2.0 version?

2.0 version is a software upgrade, the hardware isn't different.

Uncle E wrote:
paulkeys12599 wrote:I should mention that Gearstation.com.au is blowing them out for 189 AUD (about $135).
We sell it for $129 USD and we're in the US:

www.jrrshop.com/sm-pro-audio-v-machine
Yeah, but you seems to offer the shipping only for the U.S, so the the gearstation deal is more interesting for a non U.S Citizen like me, nice deal though

paulkeys12599 wrote:

if you try thoses Lepou plugins on your v machine keep me informed, if you will
Tom, the other night I downloaded the LePou plugins and imported the one called "Hybrit" into the VFX (the program that manages the V-machines plugins) library. Not only did VFX quickly accept the plugin, afterwards I saw that in my list of plugins in the library it added "(fx)" to the name (i.e., "Hybrit (fx)" instead of just "Hybrit").

I have yet to transfer this plugin into the V-machine and try it but since things unfolded so smoothly as described above -- especially VFX instantly recognizing that this was an effect, not an instrument VST -- I'd say that it is a safe bet that the LePou plugins should be all compatible.

I'm just mentioning this in case you wanted to buy the machine sooner rather than later. Once I actually run the Hybrit from the machine and get it to work I will post an update.
Hey Paulkeys, thanks for your reply, nice to see the vfx program recognizing and accepting the Hybrit plug in.

If the V machine accepts Lepou it may as well be compatible with a lot of free amp sims.

In fact i ordered a V machine 2 days ago and will surely receive it next week, can't wait to try it. I'm interest about your Hybrit update

V-Machine owners: Does the V-Machine run Oatmeal? I use it for about 90-95% of all my presets for live performance, so if I can't use it, I would be wasting my money.

Has anyone replaced the Noisy fan of the v machine ?
Last edited by Tom Volante on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mridlen wrote:V-Machine owners: Does the V-Machine run Oatmeal? I use it for about 90-95% of all my presets for live performance, so if I can't use it, I would be wasting my money.
It should work fine, it's a portable plugin, doesn't require any registry entries, you should be able to just drop it onto the V-M and it should work.

Yes Oatmeal runs on Vmachine
I'm the best you can get, have you guessed me yet? I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.

Who bought it now? Some media conglomerate with negative associations, I parlay! :o
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Can I use a USB-midi controller with the V-Machine, or does it only accept standard midi-in?

Plus, how do you connect a guitar? The audio in jack looks like it is 1/8". Do you connect it through a USB interface?

Finally, can someone summarize their recent experience with these? My sense from reading reviews is that the hardware is fiddly, and obviously can't handle newer plugins. However, if I go into this understanding that I can probably only load 32 bit plugins, may be restricted to Synth-Edit or freeware, and will not get any support from the manufacturer, it still seems worth it to me at the blowout prices to get a standalone unit that could run some decent VST synth plugins and older but good guitar VSTs. So long as I can wipe the unit clean and start again if one of the plugins causes it to crash so that I can't use it, I wouldn't mind reloading plugins if necessary.

Any experiences/thoughts would be welcome. Thanks!

From the manual it appears that you can connect a USB MIDI device.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”