2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:46 pm
rob_lee wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:47 pm
Haven't purchased a mixer yet however for now I'll grab a Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB has plenty ins/outs for my gear.

PS

Anyone use the TC D-Two? Got quite a bargain at £161 brand new
Hey Rob ... have you checked out Soundcraft mixers. This one does 14 in 12 out over USB, and has Lexicon FX ...

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Li ... h-USB/18EK

:)
Yeah Dave I'm on that site now.. I've been looking at this:

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Li ... Mixer/192K

I'm not sure what to get now tbh as I now need to connect..
  • Analog 4 MKII
    Analog Rytm MKII
    Roland MC-707
    x2 Novation Circuit Mono Stations
    Waldorf Kyra
    Waldorf Quantum
    Behringer MS-1
    Akai MPCX
Then I seen these:

Hmm choices..

The Behringer combo looks cool...
I have the ADA8200 to pump 8 adats into my lovely old emu 1212m...
If I outlast the emu or I add much more to my modular that Behringer would be worth a real look.
The ADA8200 works quiet well , the only little niggle I have is that eurorack levels are very high and even with a channel full down on gain sometimes sound gets through... sorted by adjusting my emu mixer channel gains.. I have not tried the mic pres but MIDAS has very good reputation. for the money, I don't think that combo can be beaten... although that soundcraft looks cool for £300 ...

as you say Rob>> choices..

man, we're spoilt for choice these days.. :D

toonertik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 pm The Behringer combo looks cool...
I have the ADA8200 to pump 8 adats into my lovely old emu 1212m...
If I outlast the emu or I add much more to my modular that Behringer would be worth a real look.
The ADA8200 works quiet well , the only little niggle I have is that eurorack levels are very high and even with a channel full down on gain sometimes sound gets through... sorted by adjusting my emu mixer channel gains.. I have not tried the mic pres but MIDAS has very good reputation. for the money, I don't think that combo can be beaten... although that soundcraft looks cool for £300 ...

as you say Rob>> choices..

man, we're spoilt for choice these days.. :D
I'm just thinking about space here hence I asked Geoff on Facebook before if there's any MIXER/Controller out there that'd be able to mix all my midi hardware synths and transmit CC's.
Sort of like a mixer with loads of knobs & sliders. Something like a Behringer BCF or something out years ago.. basically I wanna control levels and assign CC's from 1 control surface for all my gear.. Is this possible, anything out there?

Does the WAVE do that?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:30 pm Does the WAVE do that?
Wave? :o :lol: :lol: What's that Dave?

Mixer/controller that does audio mixing and transmits CCs... not that I know of.
btw... CCs to s/w or h/w ?

I thought your mpc thingy would do a good job at s/w CCs :shrug:

rob_lee wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Behringers new mixer, recorder, control surface. Don't think its available just yet but there's lots on youtube about it.

toonertik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:17 pm Mixer/controller that does audio mixing and transmits CCs... not that I know of.
btw... CCs to s/w or h/w ?

I thought your mpc thingy would do a good job at s/w CCs :shrug:
Only have hardware synths mate and yeah I'm figuring on using the MPCX as the main hub for the hardware. So... tonight it's either a mixer or the stuff I posted above. Space is important here as there's synths everywhere lol

ill happily store some of them here for you :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 pm
rob_lee wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Behringers new mixer, recorder, control surface. Don't think its available just yet but there's lots on youtube about it.
wing?

I'm thinking a mixer is way too big for the space I have available hence I mentioned rack gear. I'd love a mixer for live jamming and stuff but If I'm wanting to record then a USB interface like that Behringer pictured above plus the ADAT might be better for me. I have other signal processors to consider too like the Lexicon MX400, TC D-Two and the DBX stuff. I'd need a mixer with at least 4 aux and they're not cheap.
In 2020 I'll go all out on the RME stuff but for a quick fix over the new year I want something to get me Jamming again. :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 pm wing?
Wing Nut ? :lol: :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:11 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 pm wing?
Wing Nut ? :lol: :lol:
:hihi:
no that's the name of the behringer thing.
do not ask me why...

'cos if you're using it to mix...

you're wingin' it.. ;)

Rob, I still think your best option is to use an audio interface with sufficient I/O to cover all your needs. At this point, if I were to get a mixer, I would need a 32-48 channel jobby and I just don't have the space for that kind of thing. Instead, I use a MOTU 16a alongside an 828mk3 and a Lynx Aurora 16 with an ADAT card. Together that gives me 40 inputs and 42 outputs in 3u. The dsp based monitor mixer for MOTU interfaces can be controlled by MCU compatible MIDI controllers, so you can use them as mixers, when your computer isn't running.

I know the feeling though... I'd much rather spend my gear budget on fun stuff, not audio interfaces and cables. Hell, I'm about to plop down $1500 on TT patchbays. Yes, $1500 for patch-f**king-bays.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”