edp gnat

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I just got an EDP Gnat with a temperamental keyboard, I need to be able to trigger it via Korg SQ-1, does anyone know of an external LINK to CV/Gate box?

Kenton do a box for Wasp connectors, maybe it works with a Gnat too?

thanks for replying,
https://www.kentonuk.com/products/items ... kadi.shtml
this one connects midi to the Gnat or Wasp but cos I only really want to either run the Gnat from a SQ-1 sequencer CV/Gate or even just trigger it with an the trig out of my Sound Master SR-88, does that mean I'd also need a cv/gate 2 midi converter so the Kenton can read it?

It seems a convoluted way to get there, does anyone know if there is any other way?
Or maybe I'm just not understanding it. :?

hmm, just found this for the Jasper...
http://analogue-heaven.1065350.n5.nabbl ... 38191.html
need to read.. need to sleep...

I guess Kenton figure most people want to trigger from a DAW. I see the SQ-1 has MIDI Out on a jack (I guess there's an adapter) so couldn't you use that to trigger the Kenton's MIDI In?

possibly, thanks.

be this keyboard equally temperamental?

You can find free copies of the Gnat circuits and service setup instructions if you search for them.
The keyboard has a sensitivity control inside - a little screwdriver operated trimmer.
The actual pitch generation is digital so it can't get all that bad provided the touch sensitivity is sorted out and the "keybed" hasn't been ruined by any nasty sticky liquid spills.

A friend of a friend tried to service it, he cleaned the pots and checked the chips and replaced a resistor.
The keys do play ok with adjusted sensitivity, but often miss-trigger with silence or a wrong note, the lowest C is the worst culprit. I tried to contact a few UK synth repair companies for servicing, but haven't had any replies. I don't feel confident to strip it down myself. I'm going to order a Kenton box and hope it will be playable from midi.

has he got an email?

in the FB 'about'

davepegz at live.co.uk

cheers :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”