How to make these sort of warm-clean plucks?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwxP6Agz3E

I'm trying to recreate the pluck sounds like the one used in this song.. Anyone could please help me with this?

If you get the chords right then use a simple saw filtered pluck and play with the resonance a little and of course the filter settings but from what I can hear that's it.
Maybe it's mixed with another layer of an organ type sound

If you get the chords and still can't get it let me know

P.S. post midi here
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:23 am If you get the chords right then use a simple saw filtered pluck and play with the resonance a little and of course the filter settings but from what I can hear that's it.
Maybe it's mixed with another layer of an organ type sound

If you get the chords and still can't get it let me know

P.S. post midi here
Ho Choos. Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get as close as possible to the sound. Because you mentioned the organ type sound, I can sort of hear that in the pluck, but I'm not getting anywhere near it.

I am planning on using different chord progressions than the song I posted..

I'll have a look tomorrow if I get a chance to see if I can get close. think so anyway

ok so I pretty much got it.

it's not a saw but a pulse
you need a synth with 2 oscillators where you can adjust the width of the pulse and unison.
after that it's a simple pluck with filter and volume envelope.
Start with just one osc till you get the timbre right and then use the 2nd osc one octave up and adjust volume so you get some extra upper harmonics but not all the way up.
Chung Ha - Gotta Go midi (start).zip
I made just the start in midi so you can compare the song to your preset

I did it in sytrus but let me know if you get it or not and I can make it in a free VST
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This one is so warm because it quiet "wet" (Chorus).

CHOOS wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:30 pm ok so I pretty much got it.

it's not a saw but a pulse
you need a synth with 2 oscillators where you can adjust the width of the pulse and unison.
after that it's a simple pluck with filter and volume envelope.
Start with just one osc till you get the timbre right and then use the 2nd osc one octave up and adjust volume so you get some extra upper harmonics but not all the way up.

Chung Ha - Gotta Go midi (start).zip
I made just the start in midi so you can compare the song to your preset

I did it in sytrus but let me know if you get it or not and I can make it in a free VST
Hi CHoos. Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have Sytrus.. I have Sylenth1, Massive and Serum.

mintholic wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:20 am Hi CHoos. Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have Sytrus.. I have Sylenth1, Massive and Serum.
Serum will be perfect for that.
2 Oscs
Unison
pulse wave (with adjustable width)
and a filter and volume envelope

I don't have serum but if you cant get it I'll find a free synth that can do it

CHOOS wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm
mintholic wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:20 am Hi CHoos. Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have Sytrus.. I have Sylenth1, Massive and Serum.
Serum will be perfect for that.
2 Oscs
Unison
pulse wave (with adjustable width)
and a filter and volume envelope

I don't have serum but if you cant get it I'll find a free synth that can do it
Yeah.. Tried my best, but The nuance just isn't there. I do get that typical filtered short pluck, but that slightly organ-kind of sonic is missing for me. :(

Ok I've changed the file a little
midi has more higher notes
and I've attached the charlatan (free vst) preset in fxp(standard) and fst(fl.studio)
i still think it's layered with some sort of instrument but playing with the pulse width gets close

It's not as close as I had it the other day but still...

Good luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Who's dat girl on tha cover? Id ratha make her if ya get ma drift

Return to “Sound Design”