Possible to get rid of "phasey" osc-beating in soft-synths?

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TIMT wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm i asked something similar in The Legend thread a year or two back and i never got a decent answer either.i know what you mean though.i also don't get why on VSTI's when you use a lot of voices they just seem to blur into themselves with no real definition between them.almost like you used an FFT smear process over it when you use unison patches or patches that use multiple oscillators(hyperbole,but its in the ballpark of that sound)whereas when i use my analog poly even with extreme amounts of detune,the beating never gets washed out and phasey and the oscillators do not smear into one another to the same degree of VSTI's,which makes it sound more dynamic within a mix compared to an equivalent patch on say DIVA,Legend or insert any VSTI here.the one place i actually notice this happens less is on modular VSTIs like VCV and Reaktor,so if i absolutely have to use a VSTI(travelling and what not),i tend to gravitate to those.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Return to “Sound Design”