How to re-create this Matrix 6 factory preset

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Preset in question: http://akelasun.com/album/1152953/sign-in-the-desert

Sample 1 (Ocean Fly) (sound starts at 0:16)
Sample 2 (Desire II) (sound starts at 0:07)

I used an Oberheim Matrix 6 on these tracks. Does anybody know this sound and knows how to program it? I remember it was a "unison" patch and I think it had a white noise generator in it and it was in the Matrix 6 factory presets.
Last edited by Guido Negraszus on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

Voice sound is sample based. Fairlight IIx CMI Sample.

Hollow Sun Vintage Samplers should provide that sound.

True, the famous Fairlight voice sample sounds similar but I think it's not THAT TD sound. i might be wrong though.
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

At this time (this album was recorded in 1985 and 1986) Tangerine Dream used a lot the E-Mu Emulator II Sampler, produced since 1984.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ok, I changed the title. I think the TD example was not a good one. After analysing it again I think it was more likely the CMI as you guys pointed out. I now linked my original tape recording above.

Return to “Sound Design”