I would like to replicate the Bass sound from this song, can you help me?

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone

I am trying to replicate the bass of this song, can anyone advise me on how it can be done?

https://m.soundcloud.com/gaullinmusic/g ... oonlight-1

Anyone know how to do it?

I would assume it is a Pulse Waveform at heart. After that, it is probably EQ & Drive settings to get that sound. It may be FM or even one of those Wavetable synths.

I could duplicate it, but why not make something of your own?

:-)

Because I do like this bass!! I would like to use something like this in my Songs

Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 am I would assume it is a Pulse Waveform at heart. After that, it is probably EQ & Drive settings to get that sound. It may be FM or even one of those Wavetable synths.

I could duplicate it, but why not make something of your own?

:-)
That would be really kind of you if dont mind

Anyone Else got any advice?

Any one else that can help?

Benedict seems to be right - can't imagine his advice would be far from what was used.

surreal wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:51 pm Anyone Else got any advice?
The fun of music is "creation", not "duplication". :)

Why not try to make the sound yourself? Many times when I am trying to recreate a sound that I have heard and liked, I will end up making something I like even more.. just some food for thought.

Sounds like a pulse with a standard low pass filter, but then it sounds like it has the Massive dimension expander on it too. Xfer do a free plugin which replicates the Massive effect. It could equally be any number of wavetable oscillators from Massive, Serum, ANA2 etc.

Then of course they've smothered it in something like Rbass to push the harmonics for 'fatness'.

This bass sounds pretty 'clean' with some really pronounced frequencies. I guess I would start with FM. Clean FM basses usually mean only sine operators. FM synths generally feature at least sines. Like the Yamaha DX synths or emulations like Dexed (sysex compatible DX7 emulation). Thousands of DX patches are available on the net.

Check out a variety of FM bass sounds in the video below

But as said, mixing pulses at the right pulsewidth(s) may also get you in the right direction.

[DEMO] EMW DX700 Patch Bank - FM Basses (Bank 05 - BASS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi6qBav87UU

Thank you everyone for your helpfull replies

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm
surreal wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:51 pm Anyone Else got any advice?
The fun of music is "creation", not "duplication". :)

Why not try to make the sound yourself? Many times when I am trying to recreate a sound that I have heard and liked, I will end up making something I like even more.. just some food for thought.
I often scroll presets, find something I like, and recreate it just to see how it’s made. Reset it to init and just try get somewhat close to what I liked, going by what was learned and remembered. Always good to learn the basics, and then mess around and come up with something new along the way. Bazille is a good plugin for trying weird stuff. Synths of similar type (fm, subtractive, etc...) are pretty much capable doing the same sounds but different and workflows lead to different sounds. With Bazille I’ve found it’s easy to not know what the hell Im doing, and just attach cables here, turn that random knob, attach another cable, etc... and make weird sounds. Must be a dream to have an analogue modular system the size of a wall, and the price of a car :D

size of a wall does not equal price of a car.
size of a wall is two 3 bed houses, one with a garage, a car and a moped.
modular can be expensive.

obviously, depends how big the wall is. im talking a big wall!

Return to “Sound Design”