please help some people told me this is a supersaw sound but i just can't get it right!!!

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:41 am
Benedict wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:43 am
CHOOS wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:44 am Who knows, but there was something about the sound of that supersaw that I wanted to recreate.
So long as you're having fun. I'm left feeling like I wasted my time. But hey, people deserve that of me I am told :clap:
That’s okay. I enjoyed the part about the zen koan and the well-crafted illusion. So your time was not entirely wasted.
Thanks
:-)

i will surely test these in a bit much appreciated for your responses

and NAD,,

you seem to be the only one who got the arp thing notes right, from other people who tried to help me with that

did you slow it down to hear it?? i also needed your settings you had to do that and which synth

CHOOS wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:36 pm OK so you can look at the picture and copy the settings. It gets really close.

Settings are aw follows:
Mix: All the way left to only use Osc 1 (detune = 0)
Amp Decay 88, (release is irrelevant here but took screenshot beforehand)
Volume/Gain = 114, Velocity 0 (so there's no volume differences per note but this might be nice to add some life to a track)
Filter Decay 62, Amount 26 (again release is irrelevant)
Freq = 40, Resonance 10, Keytracking/ktr = Max
Unison 2, Detune 82, Spread 40 (the key to the tone/tambre is NOT using many voices)
Ann chorus to taste, just fills up the space a little, reverb will help too etc
I had a slight bump with an EQ around 900Hz and a very slight highpass
Cut a little to remove some muddy frequencies and a little boosting the top end will get you 95% there

GL
Let me know how you get on
thanks sounds close!!! i still can't get the notes to sound too right...something weird about the way its been played....

i think its two notes the same and one higher just like NAD provided as his example.

but the way its played on the original is like very weird.....it does not have attack on all notes, and its not legato either

from what I remember it was just a simple one note arp
so base note, one octave up, two octaves up
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

if you slow it down i think it sounds more like "base note, base note, one octave up"

georgeusa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 am dude i just can't get it to sound like that, this is the silly sound i get
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0if4BfzT8nc

please help
Yes, because your sequence is wrong.... and you have to open the filter.

i bet adams virus emu has that sound

For one the filters on your synth are strange, seems to be some sort of notch filter over a lowpass filter?

Basically always a couple of sawtooth waves close together within a semitone, so the oscillator starts beating. And the enveloppe eg squashing down on the filter. Here the enveloppe decay ends on the fundamental harmonic, or close to it so next to the tap it has the rest of the tone exposed as a darker decay to a bright pulse. If you listen to the resonance on the filter it's quite transparant, it's a specifically good filter to do these with. Get a kind of FM7 feel with this specific sound.

Return to “Sound Design”